Okay, Lily, we think that maybe you don't get emotional because daddy gets, you know, so emotional because he kind of handles the emotions for the entire house, you know? I do.
好吧,莉莉,我们认为你可能不会因为你大爸爱哭,你就跟着哭,因为他能影响-整个家的情绪。我真的能。
Possibly the entire block. - Okay.
可能差不多整个街区。-好吧。
And maybe that's why you don't feel anything.
可能因此你不容易有感受。
I feel stuff.
我有啊。
Really? Because when we were sick a few weeks ago, you didn't seem to care.
是吗?因为几周前,我们俩病了,你好像不怎么关心。
I didn't care.
我是不关心啊。
Well, she's not a liar. We did something right.
她没撒谎,我们起码做对了点事。
Don't you think you should have cared a little bit?
你不觉得你应该至少关心一下下吗?
Why? You always get better.
为什么?反正你们都是会好起来的啊。
Well...so far.
好吧,以后就不一定了。
What do you mean, "So far"?
"以后就不一定了"是什么意思?
Um...well, uh...-Like someday, you're not gonna get better? Like you're gonna die?
呃,这个嘛...-就是说有一天你们会好不起来了吗?你们会死吗?
No! No, no, no, no. Not, not for a very, very long time.
不是!不不,很长时间内都不会的。
Then why are we talking about it now?
那我们为什么现在要讨论这个?
Well, hey, you brought it up.
是你先挑起来的好吧。
I just wanted to make sure that --
我只是想确认一下...
Stop! You're making me sad!
别说了!你们说得我好难过!
Okay, well, she has feelings.
好吧,她是有感觉的。
Well, yes, and it seems that she wants to keep us alive.
是啊,而且看上起她也想让我们活着。
So all in all, a good day of parenting.
那总而言之,今天的教育还是很成功的。
I don't want to live with aunt Claire!
我不要跟着克莱尔姨妈住!
Lily!
莉莉!
Parents make so many mistakes with their children...
父母在教育子女的时候总是犯很多错...
I've alive, sweetheart.
我还活着,亲爱的。
But what about daddy?
可是大爸呢?
I'm alive, too.
我也还活着。
Come here. Come on, sweetheart.
过来,赶紧的,宝贝。
But it's only because we're trying so hard to make them happy.
但这也只是因为我们竭尽全力想让他们过得快乐。
Not her. Not her. Oh, my God.
她不行,她不行,我的天。
You're gonna be the cutest girl at this whole school. Wait, these are girls, right?
你要成为这整所学校最漂亮的女孩了。等等,这些是女孩子吧?
Trying so hard to keep them close...
竭尽全力把他们留在身边...
You could knock...even though we know we can't.
你该敲下门的...尽管知道总有一天留不住。