Leonard and Penny. Leonard and Penny.
莱纳德 佩妮 莱纳德 佩妮
What? What, what, what? Leonard and Penny.
搞虾米鬼 莱纳德 佩妮
What? I have good news.
干嘛 我有好消息
And you had to barge in here and wake us up in the middle of the night?
那也不用深更半夜冲进来吓我们吧
Your cell phone was off.
你关了手机
Because we didn't want to be disturbed.
因为我们不想被吵到
Well, that didn't work out, did it?
反正也没什么用 不是吗
Sheldon, what do you want?
谢尔顿 你到底想干嘛
I came to tell you I've got the answer.
我特来宣告 本天才找到了答案
Really? You figured out the graphene problem?
真的吗 你解开石墨烯的难题了吗
No, no, I'm still hopelessly stuck on that, but I figured out how to figure it out.
不 那个还绝望地卡壳中 但我找到了解决的方法
Okay, you know what, Leonard, I know I said I could handle your roommate, but I was wrong.
你猜怎着 莱纳德 我曾经说过我能忍受你的室友 但我错得太离谱了
We're going to have to break up.
我看我们还是吹了吧
What are you talking about? Einstein.
你在说什么鬼 爱因斯坦
Yeah, I'm going to need a little more. Albert Einstein. Keep going.
嗯 至少得再多说点吧 艾伯特·爱因斯坦 继续继续
When Albert Einstein came up with special relativity, he was working at the patent office.
艾伯特·爱因斯坦在专利局工作时 他提出了狭义相对论
So, you're going to go work at the patent office?
那你也要去专利局工作咯
Don't be absurd. That's in Washington.
你傻的啊 那可在华盛顿
You know I could never live in a city whose streets are laid out in a wheel and spoke pattern.
满大街车声嘈杂的城市我可待不了 你又不是不知道
No. I'm going to find a similarly menial job where my basal ganglia are occupied with a routine task,
其实 我是想要找一份半斤八两的低贱工作 需要动用我的基底神经节就行
freeing my prefrontal cortex to work quietly in the background on my problem.
那我的前额叶就能(高级神经活动部位)专注于解决关键问题
Sounds like a great plan. Of course it is.
真是雄心壮志 这不废话么
Even talking to you is sufficiently menial that I can feel the proverbial juices starting to flow.
就算和你讲话也够低贱的咧 让我不禁感觉思如泉涌啊
Okay, well, thanks for sharing with us.
得 多谢分享
Good night. You're welcome.And good night to you, too.
晚安 不客气 你们也安安
Oh, by the way, I was watching you sleep for a moment, and I noticed that your snoring seems to be worse when you're on your back.
顺便 我刚观察了下你的睡相 我注意到当你仰面睡觉时呼噜打得更响
Leonard doesn't snore.
莱纳德可从不打呼
No, I wasn't talking to Leonard.
我又没在说他
Told you. So, Mr. Cooper, you're looking for a job.
我早说了吧 库珀先生 你是要找份工作吗
A menial job. Like yours.
一份低贱的工作 好比你这样的
Well, thank you for noticing. I'm "Menial Employee of the Month."
多谢提醒 我可是"月度低贱员工之星"呢
Do you have a particular field in mind?
你有啥意向不
I do. For thousands of years, the lowest classes of the human race have spent their lives laboring to erect monuments
当然 几千年来 最底层的人类 在优势一族的鞭挞和压迫中
under the lash of their betters, until finally, they dropped down and became one with the dust through which they trudged.
致力于树立起一块丰碑 直到最后 他们惨烈倒下 化作艰难跋涉之路上的一粒尘埃
Do you have anything like that? No.
有这一类的工作吗 没
Shouldn't you check your database? No.
你都不搜一下确认吗 就是没
You didn't really type?
你都没打字
I didn't really have to. So, how about construction?
不用打也知道 建筑类的如何
Oh, that would be good! Sawing, hammering, eating out of a lunch pail as my working class fellows and I
太棒了 拉拉锯子 敲敲榔头 和工人阶级同志们一起
sit perched precariously on a girder high above the metropolis.
坐在城市高空的钢筋横梁上一边趴盒饭一边摇摇欲坠
No, no. This is putting up sheetrock at a housing project in Rosemead.
不 是给罗斯密市的一间住宅安装石膏板
I could do that. Good. One question.Yes? What's sheetrock?
行啊 很好 就一个问题 说 什么是石膏板
Moving on. How about doing deliveries for a florist?
过 花店快递怎么样
That seems acceptable. Do you have your own car? I don't drive.
听起来还不错 你有车吗 我不开车
Of course you don't. Mr. Cooper, let me just ask you a question. What was your last job?
我想也是 库珀先生 我就问你一个问题 你上份工作是啥
Senior theoretical particle physicist at CalTech, focusing on M theory, or, in layman's terms, string theory.
加州理工学院的高级理论粒子物理学家 主要致力于M理论研究 外行人说法是弦理论
I see. Just give me a second. Security!
懂了 等我一下 保安 这有疯子
Okay, I'll get those drinks started for you. Behind you.
好的 我先把饮料送上来 小心身后
Sheldon, what the hell are you doing?
谢尔顿 你这是在干嘛
I'm trying to get these tables cleared. We're slammed.
我正要去清理桌子 差点撞上你
No, wait, wait, no, wait. Wh What are you doing here?
等等 等等 你在这干嘛呢
A reasonable question.
这问题还算合理
I asked myself, what is the most mind numbing, pedeststrian job conceivable, and three answers came to mind:
我问我自己 我能想到最讨厌最沉闷的工作是什么 有三个答案浮现在脑中
uh, toll booth attendant, Apple Store genius...and what Penny does.
收费站工作人员 在苹果专卖店工作的天才 还有佩妮的工作
Now... since I don't like touching other people's coins, and I refuse to contribute to the devaluation of the word "Genius," here I am.
现在 既然我不喜欢碰别人手里的硬币 也不想帮着抹黑"天才"这个词 所以我来了
You just, you just walked in and they hired you, just like that?
你就这么走进来 就被录用了 就这么简单
Oh, heavens, no. Since I don't need to be paid, I didn't need to be hired.
当然不是 既然我不领薪水 也就不需被录用
I simply came in, picked up a tray, and started "Working for the man."
我就直接走进来 拿起个托盘 然后开始"为人民服务"
Let me get that plate out of your way.
请允许我把这个盘子收走
Sheldon,this is ridiculous. Is it?
谢尔顿 这太荒谬了 是吗
Just a moment ago, I had a minor epiphany regarding the polymer degradation phenomenon while scraping congealed nachos off a plate.
就在刚刚 在刮掉盘子里凝结的玉米脆饼时 我突然间就顿悟了聚合物降解现象
Bernadette, table 10 wants their check. Thanks, Sheldon.
伯纳黛特 10号桌买单 谢谢 谢尔顿
Sheldon,wait, this isn't even what I do.
谢尔顿 等等 再说这也不是我的工作
I'm a waitress, not a busboy.
我是服务生 不是勤杂工
You're right. That is more menial.
你说得对 你的工作更低贱
Hello, I'm Sheldon. I'll be your server today.
两位好 我是谢尔顿 负责这桌的服务生
I don't recommend the salmon. I saw it in the kitchen.
不推荐点三文鱼 我看到它们在厨房的样子
All right, one bacon cheeseburger, breaking two Jewish dietary restrictions simultaneously kudos.
好了 一份培根芝士汉堡同时违背两条犹太饮食禁忌光荣啊
Beer battered fish and chips. Now, here's your tartar sauce. I also brought you salsa.
炸鱼加薯条 这里你的鞑靼酱 我还帮你拿了莎莎酱
It's a little unconventional, but I think you'll like it.
虽然有点不合常规 不过我想你会喜欢的
It's zingy. And for you, Factory Burrito Grande, no cheese, no sour cream,
味道很赞 还有你的招牌大玉米煎饼 不含芝士和酸奶油
no ugly consequences from your lactose intolerance. Bon appetit.
不会因你的乳糖不耐症产生不良后果 祝各位好胃口
Hang on. Black beans, not pinto beans? Yes.
等等 这是黑豆 不是斑豆吧 对
Double guacamole? Of course.No cilantro? Nope.
加双份鳄梨酱 当然 没加香菜 没
Lettuce shredded, not chopped? Yep.
生菜是切碎的 而不是剁碎的 对
You understand why I'm doing this to you?
知道我为什么这么问你吗
I do. That'll be all.That was fun.
知道 那就这样吧 这太好玩了
How long can he keep this up?
他还能在这坚持多久
I heard about this professor at MIT who melted down, bought a van, and spent the rest of his life as a mobile dog groomer.
听说麻省理工有位教授 变卖了财产 买了辆货车 余生就做了名流动的狗狗美容师
He never went back to the university?
就此再也没回过大学了吗
Only to shampoo Professor Shamburg's shitzu Sheesh.
除了在给项伯格教授的西施犬洗澡的时候 晕
I bet if we all chipped in, we could buy Sheldon a van.
我敢说要是我们一起集资 也能给谢尔顿买辆小货车
But he's afraid of dogs.
但他怕狗
Yeah, that's the only thing wrong with that plan.
是啊 这计划唯一的缺陷就是这个
Hey, guys, sorry you had to wait, but we are swamped.
各位 抱歉久等了 今天太忙了
What's this? Sheldon took our order.
这是什么 谢尔顿帮我们点的单
Sheldon doesn't work here.
谢尔顿又不在这工作
Well, honey, not to complain, but we were starting to think you didn't either.
亲爱的 我可不是抱怨哈 但我们开始觉得你也不在这工作了
Is that really necessary?
你们有必要这样对我吗
Good Lord. The interference pattern in the fracture.
天哪 整个一断面的干涉图样
The motion of the wave through the molecular structure. I've been looking at it all wrong.
通过分子结构的波状运动 我之前一直想错了
I can't consider the electrons as particles.
不该把电子看成是粒子
They move through the graphene as a wave. It's a wave! The moment to applaud would be now. Troglodytes.
他们是波状地通过石墨烯的 它是波 赶紧滴都给我喝彩啊 山顶洞人
Sheldon... where are you going? Aren't you going to clean this up?
谢尔顿 你要去哪 不把这清理干净吗
I'm sorry. I don't work here.
抱歉 我又不在这工作
Happy now? I'm on a cloud.Swing me.
这下你开心了 我都飘飘然了 一起摇摆吧
Sheldon, come here.
谢尔顿 快过来
Bazinga. Bazinga. Bazinga. Bazinga. Bazinga.
我闪 我再闪 我瞬移 抓不到 就是抓不到