What the hell is that?
这是什么情况
Uh, let's see. 30 pieces of silverware. Grieg "Peer Gynt Morning"
让我数数 30把银制餐具 格里格 培尔金特组曲之晨曦
Morning, old chum. What's going on?
早安 老伙计 搞什么
I've made you breakfast. Juice, coffee, and pancakes in the shape of some of your favorite fictional characters. See, here's Frodo.
我给你做了早餐 有果汁和咖啡 还有一些薄饼 上面是你最爱的虚构角色 瞧 这是弗罗多(出自《魔戒》)
You made Frodo pancakes?
你居然做了弗罗多薄饼
Yeah, I used coconut shavings to do the hair on his feet.
脚毛部分我用的是椰子刨花
If you need to void your bladder before eating, I can keep them warm with this beret that I thoroughly laundered
你进餐前若需要清空膀胱 我会用这顶贝雷帽帮你暖着我已经彻底清洗干净
and pressed into service as a pancake cozy.
松软程度正适宜用来盖薄饼
Why are you doing this?
你有什么目的
It's by way of an apology for my recent behavior.
对我近来的行为表示歉意
I've had some time to reflect and I've come to realize that friendship is not an aggregation of written agreements.
经过这段时间的思考 我终于意识到友谊不能依靠那堆白纸黑字的协定来维系
It's a result of two people respecting and caring for each other. Butterscotch scone?
而需要两人之间互相尊重和体谅 尝尝奶油烤饼吗
Thanks. It's good.
多谢 好吃
What you're tasting is respect and affection. And about a pound of Crisco.
这其中包含着我满满的尊敬和感情 当然还有一磅左右植物白油
After you've finished breakfast,
待你用完早餐
I thought we could spend the day watching the final season of Babylon 5 with director commentary.
我觉得 今天我们可以一起看导演点评版的巴比伦5号(美国科幻剧)
You hate Babylon 5.
你不是讨厌《巴比伦5号》吗
I do. It fails as drama/science fiction, and it's hopelessly derivative.
当然 既没剧情又不科幻 彻头彻尾的仿制大烂片
But you like it, and you're my friend.
但是你喜欢 而我们又是朋友
Okay, great. Still not taking you to Switzerland.
好吧 赞 我还是不会带你去瑞士
Drat. No Frodo for you.
见鬼 没你的弗罗多尝了
Hello. Hello. All right, let's dispense with the friendly banter.
你好 好啊 得 我们就省掉假惺惺的友好吧
I believe you know why I'm here.
你应该知道我为何来此
Well, I always figured it was to study us, discover our weaknesses, and report back to your alien overlords.
关于这点 我一直认为你是来发现我们地球人的弱点 再报告给你们的外星君主
Yes, amusing.
搞笑
Extraordinary intelligence might well appear extraterrestrial to you, but let me be more specific.
特定情报 对你而言貌似是显得像天外来客般难懂 但我还是友情提醒下 确切地说
I believe you know why I'm here in the laundry room.
你应该知道我为何在这个洗衣间里
Better acoustics for your throat singing?
喉音唱腔在这里有更好的音响效果吗
It's actually not bad.
还真不赖嘛
But my true purpose in being here will be revealed in this brief PowerPoint presentation. Lights.
但我来此的真正目的是来做一个简要的幻灯片演说 关灯
Why Sheldon Cooper, PhD, should go to Switzerland to see the CERN supercollider:
为什么谢尔顿·库珀博士必须去瑞士欧核中心参观超级对撞机的理由
a PowerPoint presentation by Sheldon Cooper, PhD.
发言人 谢尔顿·库珀博士
Oh, for God's sake. Here we have a highly gifted researcher in the field of particle physics
我的老天爷 这是一位在粒子物理学领域的超级天才科学家
whose work has brought him to the precipice of forever changing mankind's understanding of the universe.
他的成就关乎全人类的命运从此改变对宇宙的理解
AKA me. And here we have a waitress brushing her teeth with her finger. AKA you.
确切来说就是我 而这是一位女招待 只会用手指抠牙齿而已 确切来说就是你
I'm sorry. Is this supposed to be buttering me up?
不好意思 这算是在奉承我吗
Please hold all questions till the end of the presentation.
请等演讲结束后再提问
This is the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Switzerland, the product of decades of planning and construction.
这是瑞士欧核中心的大型强子对撞机 经由数十年规划和建构而成
It is a Mecca for physicists the world over.
是全世界物理学家心目中的圣地
This is Bath and Body Works on Colorado Boulevard. Bath and Body Works
而这是科罗拉多大街的沐浴乳商店
They sell scented soaps and lotions, some of which contain glitter.
他们卖香皂和乳液外加一些小闪饰品
Now, let's see if we can match the individual to the appropriate destination.
现在我们来配对这两个人以哪个地方作为目的地比较合适
Okay. Show's over.
好吧 别闹了
No, it's not. I've got five more slides.
还没完呢 我还有五张幻灯片没讲
Sheldon, this is Leonard's decision.
谢尔顿 这是莱纳德的决定
He invited me to Switzerland, and I intend to go.
他邀我去瑞士 我也很想去
Very well. Enjoy yourself. You're going to be in the presence of something that I've dreamed of seeing for decades.
好吧 玩得开心 你将亲眼目睹我所梦寐以求了十多年的伟大成就
I just hope you'll be able to appreciate the magnitude of where you are and what it represents.
希望你能明白这其中所包含的重要意义
I'll talk to Leonard.
我会和莱纳德谈谈
You will? Yes. If it means that much to you, you should go.
真的吗 对 既然对你而言意义重大 那应该让你去
Oh, Penny, thank you! You're welcome.
谢谢你 佩妮 没什么
Since I rarely hug, I'm relying on your expertise regarding duration.
我不怎么抱人 要抱多久就听你的
I think we're there. Oh, good. Bye bye.
我觉得差不多了 好极了 拜啦
You know what? Even though I don't have a girlfriend, I can still have a good time on Valentine's Day.
你猜怎么着 没有马子又怎样 情人节老子照样可以好好过
Trust me, you can't. I've tried.
听我的吧 这不可能 我早试过了
No, no, no, I'm going to have a "me" day.
不 我准备好好过我自己的情人节
First I'm going to go to one of those SPAs in Koreatown, take a steam and get a massage.
首先 去韩国城找家店做个SPA 蒸个桑拿 找人按摩一下
Then I'm going to stop at a pet store and get licked by puppies.
然后去宠物店 找条小狗狗来舔舔我
Sheldon, I need to talk to you.
谢尔顿 我得跟你谈谈
All right, my friend. Would you like some Cholermus?
好的 朋友 来点Cholermus煎饼尝尝吗
Some what? Cholermus. It's a traditional Swiss breakfast dish.
尝什么 Cholermus煎饼 一种传统的瑞士早餐
I'm preparing my gastrointestinal system for the exotic cuisine of Switzerland.
我正在训练我的消化系统 习惯瑞士菜特殊的烹饪方法
You're not going to Switzerland!
又轮不上你去瑞士
Oh, but I am. Didn't Penny tell you the good news?
但我要去 佩妮没告诉你最新的好消息吗
She told me that you went behind my back to guilt her into letting you go instead of her.
她跟我说 你背着我去找她让她觉得内疚 主动提出让你替代她去瑞士
Yes, that good news.
对 就是这个好消息
Well, forget it. I was the one who was invited.
想都别想 我才是受邀的人
I get to decide who goes with me, and it's Penny, not you!
只有我能决定找谁同行 我决定找佩妮 而不是你
Howard, could you lower the lights? I have a short PowerPoint presentation.
霍华德 把灯光调暗点好吗 我做了段简短的幻灯片演示文稿
I don't need to see your presentation. This discussion is over!
没必要看什么演示 讨论到此为止了
That's a somewhat ambiguous response. Am I going or not?
这回答有够模棱两可的 到底带不带我去
Sheldon, at this point, I would go by myself before I would take you.
谢尔顿 事已至此 我宁愿自己去 也不带你
Really? Yeah, really.
真的 真的
Well, then, you leave me no alternative.
好吧 那我也别无选择了
From this moment forward, we can be roommates, but we will no longer be friends.
从现在起 我们可以当室友 但不再是朋友了
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think you're fully aware of the ramifications here, Leonard.
很遗憾你这么觉得 我认为你还未充分意识到此事的后果 莱纳德
Why don't you enlighten me?
你何不指点一下
With the friendship clause of our Roommate Agreement nullified
既然我们"室友协议"中的友谊条款无效了
you are no longer entitled to accompany me to go swimming at Bill Gates' house should I be invited.
等我受邀去比尔·盖茨家游泳的时候 你也就失去了随同一起去的资格
Ooh, that's gotta sting.
那可伤大了
Just think, this time tomorrow we'll be in Geneva, Switzerland for our first Valentine's Day.
想想看 明天这个时候 我们已经在瑞士日内瓦共度我俩第一个情人节了
I know! I went shopping today and bought special undies for the occasion.
是啊 我今天特地去逛街 专门为此行买了件小内内呢
Thermal?'Cause it's gonna be cold.
保暖吗 那边会很冷哦
Think it through, Leonard. Gesundheit.
再好好想想 莱纳德 祝你健康(用于对刚打喷嚏者的祝愿)
Or as they say in Switzerland, Gesundheit.
或者学他们瑞士人讲话 祝您健康
You getting a cold?
你感冒了吗
No, no, it's probably just allergies.
不 可能只是有点过敏
Do you want an allergy pill? 'Cause I have 'em all.
想吃点抗过敏药吗 我啥都有哦
Prescription, nonprescription, foreign, domestic, experimental.
处方药 非处方药 进口药 国产药 实验性药物
Do any of them work?
有管用的吗
Not really, I'm just an enthusiast.
没 我只是喜欢收集
Penny? You okay? Did that sound okay to you?
佩妮 你还好吧 我听起来很好的样子吗
Do not come in here!
别进来
What's going on? I'm having a tea party.
怎么回事 我这儿开茶话会呢
What do you think's going on?
不然你以为怎么回事
I think I might have the flu. Or the plague.
我想我可能得了流感要不就是瘟疫
Well, our plane leaves at 9:00 a.m. Do you think you'll feel better by then?
我们是早上9点的飞机 你觉得到那时你会感觉好点吗
Yep. Cause I'm gonna be dead.
会的 因为那时我早已痛苦至死了
Hey, Sheldon? Listen, Penny is pretty sick and she's not going to be able to go to Switzerland.
谢尔顿 佩妮病得很重 不能去瑞士了
So if you're still interested, you're welcome to come.
你还有兴趣的话 欢迎随我一起去
Great. I'll start packing.
太好了 我这就去收拾行李
In a minute. Oh, look, it's the Cholermus.
等我一下 Cholermus煎饼都吐出来了
Here's your soup. Chicken? Yes.
你的汤 鸡汤 对
With the little stars? Yes.Heated to 180 degrees?
加了点小点缀的 对 加热到180度
Why don't I pour it in your lap and you can tell me?
不如我倒你膝盖上 你来告诉我到底几度
You don't have to be mean. I'm sick.
不必这么刻薄吧 我是病人
Yeah, well, I'm sick, too.
是啊 我也是病人
Not my problem. I just don't understand how this happened to me.
不关我事 我就是想不明白 我怎么会生病的
I'm scrupulous about my hygiene.
我对个人卫生一向一丝不苟
I regularly disinfect my hands, and I avoid contact with other people on general principle.
还定期给双手消毒 一般来说 还都避免接触到别人
I don't know what to tell you, Sheldon.
我不知道怎么说 谢尔顿
Oh, Penny, thank you! You're welcome.
佩妮 谢谢你 不客气
It's you! I touched you!
是你 我拥抱过你
Happy Valentine's Day.
情人节快乐
Oh, my goodness, look at this room! Champagne! Roses! And little chocolates!
天哪 看看这房间 香槟 玫瑰 还有巧克力
This is going to be the best Valentine's Day ever.
这一定是我有生以来最棒的情人节
Yeah, I forgot about all this. But I never will.
对了 我忘了还准备了这些 但我可永世难忘