For my sport the squirrel played, Plied the snouted mole his spade;
松鼠在逗我开心,有鼻子的鼹鼠收起它的铲子;
For my taste the blackberry cone Purpled over hedge and stone;
因为我对使树篱和石头尽染紫色的黑莓果情有独钟;
Laughed the brook for my delight Through the day and through the night,
小溪潺潺尽欢颜,无日无夜波不息,
whispering at the garden wall, talked with me from fall to fall;
偏偏向隅低私语,秋起秋落不言中;
Mine the sand-rimmed pickerel pond, Mine the walnut slopes beyond,
用沙土堆就的梭鱼池子,开采那胡桃树坡,
Mine, on bending orchard trees, Apples of Hesperides!
在悬垂的果树上,采摘金苹果园的苹果!
Still, as my horizon grew, Larger grew my riches too;
随着眼界开阔,我的财富也在聚多;
All the world I saw or knew Seemed a complex Chinese toy, Fashioned for a barefoot boy!
我看到或了解的全部世事似乎像中国玩具那样复杂,塑造成赤脚男孩喜欢的模样!
Oh for festal dainties spread, Like my bowl of milk and bread,
为了节日,美好的东西遍布,就像我碗里的牛奶面包,
Pewter spoon and bowl of wood, On the doorstone, gray and rude!
白镴勺子和红木碗,就在门前的阶石上,老旧粗朴!
O'er me, like a regal tent, Cloudy-ribbed, the sunset bent,
之于我,俨然华丽堂皇的明帐,模糊的棱纹,斜阳西沉,
Purple-curtained, fringed with gold, Looped in many a wind-swung fold;
紫色幔帐,流苏金黄,环绕在许多迎风摇摆的褶皱中;
While for music came the play of the pied frog's orchestra;
为了配合音乐声起,杂种的跳蛙管弦乐队和鸣;