The young man looked very pale and went straight to the door.
这年轻人面色惨白,直奔门而去。
'Where are you going, Edgar Linton?'she asked.
“你去哪儿,艾加·林顿?”她问道。
'Don't leave me!I shall be miserable all night!'
“别离开我!我整夜都会难受的!”
'Can I stay after you have hit me?'he replied.
“你打了我,我还能呆下去么?”他回答。
'You've made me afraid and ashamed of you. I won't come here again!'
“你让我怕了你,为你感到羞耻。我不会再来了!”
'Well, go then, if you want to!'she cried.
“好,走罢,随你便!”她哭喊道。
'I'm going to cry until I'm ill!'and she dropped onto the floor, her shoulders shaking and the tears rolling down her face.
“我要哭出病来!”说着倒在地板上,肩膀战栗着,眼泪顺着脸庞淌下来。
Edgar managed to get as far as the door.
艾加已走到门口。
But here he hesitated, and I called out to him to encourage him to leave.
但在那儿犹豫着,我向他喊着,催他离开。
'Miss is just a selfish child, sir! You'd better ride home and forget her!'
“小姐只是个自私的孩子,先生!你最好骑马回家,忘了她吧!”
But as he could not stop looking at her, I knew there was no hope for him.
但他忍不住看着她,我就知道他没指望了。
Nothing would keep him away from her now.
现在什么都没法使他离开她。
And sure enough, he came back into the room and shut the door.
自然而然,他回到房里关上门。
This time I left them alone, and stayed in the kitchen with little Hareton,
这次我不管他们了,到厨房和小哈里顿呆着,
but when I came to warn them that Hindley had returned, I realized that their quarrel had only brought them closer together.
但当我去提醒他们亨德雷回来了时,我看得出他们这一吵不过是让他们走得更近了。