You said we all know what he'll do. I don't know.
你刚说 我们知道他要做什么 但我不知道
You know he isn't to be trusted. Trust? Oh
你知道他不可信 信任吗
I'm sorry, I was under the misapprehension your chosen profession was politics.
抱歉 我还以为 你是政治家呢
I've never trusted the President. I never trust anyone.
我未曾信任过总统 或是任何人
But hasn't he surprised you?No, Mr. Stevens, he hasn't.
但他没有让你惊讶吗 没有 史蒂文斯先生 一点也没有
Nothing surprises you, Asa.Therefore nothing about you is surprising.
什么也震惊不了你 阿萨 所以对你而言不存在惊讶
Perhaps that is why your constituents did not re-elect you to the coming term.
也许这就是为何 您没有再次当选
It's late, I'm old, I'm going home.
太迟了 我老了 我要回家
Lincoln the inveterate dawdler, Lincoln the Southerner,
林肯成日游手好闲 是南方人
Lincoln the capitulating compromiser,our adversary and.
是屈从的妥协者 是我们的敌人 也是
leader of the god forsaken Republican Party, our party.
被上帝遗弃的共和党 我党的领袖
Abraham Lincoln has asked us to work with him to accomplish the death of slavery in America.
亚伯拉罕·林肯要求我们 与他一起废除美国的奴隶制
Retain, even in opposition,your capacity for astonishment.
即便反对 也要保持你们讶异的能力
The President is never to be mentioned.Nor I. You're paid for your discretion.
谁都不许提起总统 也不许提起我 不注意的话就等着喝西北风吧
Hell, you can have that for nothin'.What we need money for is bribes.It'd speed things up.
不过 不给钱我就不能保证 我们要钱是为了贿赂选票 钱能通神
No. Nothing strictly illegal.It's not illegal to bribe Congressmen.They starve otherwise.
不 任何事都必须合法 贿赂议员的确不合法 但不受贿他们就会饿死
I have explained to Mr. Bilbo and Mr. Latham that we're offering patronage jobs to the Dems who vote yes.
我跟比尔博先生和莱瑟姆先生解释了 我们为投赞成票的民主党人提供工作