Jobs and nothing more.That's correct.Congressmen come cheap!
只提供工作 仅此而已 没错 议员真不值钱
Few thousand bucks'll buy you all you need.
几千块就搞定了
The President would be unhappy to hear you did that.
你这么说 总统会不高兴的
Well, will he be unhappy if we lose?
那我们输了的话他会高兴吗
The money I managed to raise for this endeavor is only for your fees, your food, and lodgings, sir.
先生们 我付的钱只能用在 你们的衣食住行花销上
If that squirrel-infested attic you've quartered us in's any measure,you ain't raised much.
要是那个松鼠猖獗 四个人挤在一起的阁楼算宿舍的话 你这费用还真吃紧
Shall we get to work?
可以开工了吗
The House recognizes Fernando Wood,the honorable representative from New York.
众议院有请费尔南多·伍德 尊敬的代表来自纽约
Estimable colleagues.Two bloody years ago this month,
尊敬的各位同僚 两年前的本月
his Highness King Abraham Africanus the First,our Great Usurping Caesar,
亚伯拉罕古猿国王一世 我们的伟大篡权暴君
violator of habeas corpus and freedom of the press,
破坏人身保护权和言论自由权之徒
abuser of states' rights If Lincoln really were a tyrant, Mr. Wood,he'd'a had your empty head impaled on a pike!
滥用宪法赋予州的权利之人 若林肯真是暴君 伍德先生 他早就会把你的空脑壳钉穿了
And the country better for it!Your radical republican autocrat ruling by fiat and martial law,
这样对我们的国家也好 你们这些激进的共和独裁者 受制于法令和戒严令
affixed his name to his on a heinous and illicit Emancipation Proclamation,
给他的名字贴上罪恶而违法的 黑奴解放宣言标签
promising it would hasten the end of the war,which yet rages on and on.
保证宣言会加速结束内战 然而战火依旧 熊熊燃烧