You're not suggesting we enfranchise colored people.
您不会是想赋予有色人种选举权吧
I'm asking only that you disenthrall yourself from the slave powers.
我只是在请求你将自己 从奴隶主势力中解放出来
I'll let you know when there's an offer on my desk for surrender.
我如果收到和平请愿的话会一定会告诉你
There's none before us now.What's before us now,that's the vote on the Thirteenth Amendment.
但现在没有 现在摆在我们面前的 是第13号修正案的投票
It's going to be so very close.You see what you can do.
票数会咬得很紧 看看你能做点什么
I can't make sense of it, what he died for.
我无法理解 他为何因此而死
Mr. Lincoln, I hate them all.I do, all black people.I am a prejudiced man.
林肯先生 我恨他们所有人 我恨所有黑人 我的确心存偏见
I'd change that in you if I could, but that's not why I come.
我愿意改变你的偏见 但我来不是为了这个
I might be wrong, Mr. Hutton,but I expect colored people will most likely be free.
我可能搞错了 哈顿先生 但有色人种很可能会得到自由
And when that's so, it's simple truth that your brother's bravery, and his death, helped make it so.
那时候你就会明白 是你弟弟的英勇 和他的牺牲 促成了这一切
Only you can decide whether that's sense enough for you, or not.
只有你能决定这样是不是有意义
My deepest sympathies to your family.We've managed our members to a fare-thee-well.
我对你的家人致以最深切的哀悼 我们的人做得非常漂亮
You've had no defections from the Republican right to trouble you.
右翼共和党 没有出现反对声音