1、manage
管理;经营;掌管
Within two years he was managing the store.
不出两年他就开始管理这家店了
。Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed.
这个地区的绝大多数工厂都十分陈旧,经营状况也非常糟糕
。谨慎地使用,好好地利用(时间、金钱等)
In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important.
在忙碌的世界里,善于利用时间变得越来越重要
。Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.
乔希指望我对每笔家庭支出都精打细算
。设法做到;成功完成
Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.
不知用了什么方法,他成功说服凯给他买了一个
。I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge.
我终于爬上了一块潮湿倾斜的暗礁
。2、turn around
(使)调转方向;(使)转向
Bud turned the truck around, and started back for Dalton Pond.
巴德把卡车掉头,开始返回多尔顿池
。He had reached over to turn round a bottle of champagne so that the label didn't show.
他伸手把香槟转了一下,这样它的商标就不会露出来
。(使)复苏;(使)好转
Turning the company around won't be easy.
盘活那家公司绝非易事
。In his long career at BP, Horton turned around two entire divisions.
霍顿在英国石油公司漫长的职业生涯中曾经让两个部门整体上起死回生
。改变(问题、句子或想法的)表达方式
Now turn the question around and start looking not for what you did wrong in the past, but for what you can do to make things better in the future.
现在换个角度考虑问题,开始不要去想你过去做错了什么,而考虑一下怎样才能日后做得更好
。It's an example of how you can turn around the sentence and create a whole new meaning.
那个例子告诉你如何改变一个句子使其表达出完全不一样的意思
。