Then we were out on a road in the middle of flat fields with nothing growing, no stars in the sky, too lit by the prison.
接着我们都到了路上,在寸草不生的平地中间,天上没有星星,对监狱来说它们太亮了
Someone cell phoned Code Pink colleagues to come and get us.
有人给粉色代码的同事打了电话来接我们
The journalists, arrested too, turned on their equipment and recorded us exalting the most beautiful day of our lives.
记者,也被逮捕了,装上设备,开始拍我们让那天变得更美
We rode back to the city in cars festooned in pink ribbons, rode showy through the capital of the USA.
我们坐着粉丝带装饰的车,回到了成立,慢慢向美国的首都驶去
The good citizens cheered us, honked horns.
良好的市民们欢呼着,吹着号角
Not one disagreeing person yelled or honked in anger.
没人因为愤怒而叫喊
Twelve days later Iraq War Two, operation Iraqi Freedom Shock and Awe started.
12天后二次伊战,伊拉克自由惊世行动开始了
You can see how we use all of our arts, bringing our poetry, poets for peace have brought hundreds, hundreds of poems,
你可以看到我们如何运用自己的才艺,把我们的诗歌用于和平,带来了成千上万首诗篇
The dancers came, musicians, drummers, using all our arts and twelve days later the drumming started.
舞者来了,音乐家,鼓手都来了,用了我们所有的才艺,12天后该发生的还是发生了
And then of course the poet wonders, the poet questions her faith in poetry.
当然那时诗人会想,诗人会反问自己对诗歌的信念
Now this book is my facing mortality and so I'm just going to end my reading tonight
如今这本书是我全部的心力,今晚我就读到这里
by telling about something that happened towards the end of my mother's life.
接着谈一谈在我母亲最后的日子里发生的事情