'Well, Petunia,' said Uncle Vernon, getting heavily to his feet, 'I'll be off to the station, then.
“好吧,佩妮,”弗农姨父说,沉重地站起身来,“那我就到火车站去了。
Want to come along for the ride, Dudders?'
达力,要和我一起去吗?”
'No,' said Dudley, whose attention had returned to the television now that Uncle Vernon had finished threatening Harry.
“不去。”达力说,既然父亲已经对哈和威胁完毕,他的注意力又回到电视上去了。
'Duddy's got to make himself smart for his auntie,' said Aunt Petunia, smoothing Dudley's thick blond hair.
“达力为了迎接姑妈的到来,要把自已打扮得漂亮一点,”佩妮姨妈说,抚摸着达力浓密的金发,
'Mummy's bought him a lovely new bow-tie.'
“妈妈已经给你买了一个可爱的领结。”
Uncle Vernon clapped Dudley on his porky shoulder.
弗农姨父拍拍达力那肥厚的肩膀。
'See you in a bit, then,' he said, and he left the kitchen.
“那么,回头见了。”弗农姨父说,于是他离开了厨房。
Harry, who had been sitting in a kind of horrified trance, had a sudden idea.
哈利本来是被吓得恍惚出神地坐在那里,这时忽然有了主意。
Abandoning his toast, he got quickly to his feet and followed Uncle Vernon to the front door.
他丢下那片吐司,迅速地站起来,跟着弗农姨父走到了前门。
Uncle Vernon was pulling on his car coat.
弗农姨父正在穿外套。
'I'm not taking you,' he snarled, as he turned to see Harry watching him.
“我可不带你去。”他回身看见哈利在看着他,就这样吼道。
'Like I wanted to come,' said Harry coldly.
“好像我想去似的,”哈利冷冷地说,
'I want to ask you something.'
“我有事想问您。”
Uncle Vernon eyed him suspiciously.
弗农姨父猜疑地看着他。
'Third-years at Hog — at my school are allowed to visit the village sometimes,' said Harry.
“霍格——我们学校的三年级学生有时可以访问那座村子。”哈利说。
'So?' snapped Uncle Vernon, taking his car keys from a hook next to the door.
“那又怎样?”弗农姨父厉声说,从大门旁边的一个钩子上取下车钥匙。
'I need you to sign the permission form,' said Harry in a rush.
“我需要您给我签字表示同意。”哈利一口气说出来。
'And why should I do that?' sneered Uncle Vernon.
“我干吗要同意?”弗农姨父嘲讽地说。