Curse you? No, sir.
骂你?哪会呢,先生。
Shake hands in confirmation of the word. What cold fingers!
握手为证。多冷的手指!
They were warmer last night when I touched them at the door of the mysterious chamber.
昨晚在那间神秘的房间门外相碰时,比现在要暖和得多。
Jane, when will you watch with me again?
简,什么时候你再同我一起守夜呢?
Whenever I can be useful, sir.
凡是用得着我的时候,先生。
For instance, the night before I am married! I am sure I shall not be able to sleep.
比方说,我结婚的前一夜。我相信我会睡不着。
Will you promise to sit up with me to bear me company?
你答应陪我一起熬夜吗
To you I can talk of my lovely one, for now you have seen her and know her.
对你,我可以谈我心爱的人,因为现在你已经见过她,认识她了。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
She's a rare one, is she not, Jane?
她是一个不可多得的人,是不是,简?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
A strapper — a real strapper, Jane.
一个体魄强壮的女人 — 十足的强壮女人,
Big, brown, and buxom, with hair just such as the ladies of Carthage must have had.
简。高高的个子,褐色的皮肤,丰满的胸部,迦太基女人大概会有的头发。
Bless me! There's Dent and Lynn in the stables!
天呐!登特和林恩在那边的马厩里了!
Go in by the shrubbery, through that wicket.
穿过灌木,从小门进去。
As I went one way, he went another, and I heard him in the yard, saying cheerfully: Mason got the start of you all this morning.
我走了一条路,他走了另一条。只听见他在院子里愉快地说:今天早晨梅森比谁都起得早。
He was gone before sunrise. I rose at four to see him off.
太阳还没有出来他就走了。我四点起来送他的。