Professor Trelawney swept over to him holding a dustpan and brush and said,
特里劳妮教授拿着簸箕扫帚急忙走过去并且说:
'One of the blue ones, then, dear, if you wouldn't mind ... thank you ...'
“那么,如果你不介意的话,拿一个蓝色的……谢谢你……”
When Harry and Ron had had their teacups filled, they went back to their table and tried to drink the scalding tea quickly.
哈利和罗恩的茶杯都注满了茶水以后,他们回到自己的桌子旁边,设法把滚烫的茶迅速喝完。
They swilled the dregs around as Professor Trelawney had instructed, then drained the cups and swapped them.
他们如特里劳妮教授教导的那样晃荡了茶叶渣,然后把茶杯弄干,再互相交换茶杯。
'Right,' said Ron, as they both opened their books at pages five and six. 'What can you see in mine?'
“好啦,”罗恩说,两人同时把书翻到第五和第六页,“你在我的茶杯里看到了什么?”
'A load of soggy brown stuff,' said Harry.
“许多泡开了的棕色东西。”哈利说。
The heavily perfumed smoke in the room was making him feel sleepy and stupid.
教室里浓重的带香味的烟雾弄得他糊里糊涂地想睡觉。
'Broaden your minds, my dears, and allow your eyes to see past the mundane!'
“开阔思路,亲爱的,让你们的眼睛越过世俗的东西!”
Professor Trelawney cried through the gloom.
特里劳妮教授在黑暗处叫道。
Harry tried to pull himself together.
哈利极力想振作起来。
'Right, you've got a wonky sort of cross ...' he said, consulting Unfogging the Future.
“好,你现在有了一种摇摇晃晃的十字架……”他说,一面查阅《拨开迷雾看未来》,
'That means you're going to have "trials and suffering" — sorry about that — but there's a thing that could be the sun.
“这意味着你就要遇到考验和苦难——对此我感到遗憾——但是这里有个东西,好像是太阳。
Hang on ... that means "great happiness" ... so you're going to suffer but be very happy ...'
等一等……这意味着大快乐……所以你要倒霉,但是又会很快乐……”
'You need your Inner Eye testing, if you ask me,' said Ron,
“要是你问我,我就要说你需要测试一下你的天目。”罗恩说,
and they both had to stifle their laughs as Professor Trelawney gazed in their direction.
两人都不得不使劲忍住笑,因为特里劳妮教授正往他们这里看。
'My turn ...' Ron peered into Harry's teacup, his forehead wrinkled with effort.
“轮到我了……”罗恩向哈利的茶杯里看,他的前额因为努力而皱了起来。