'It is a Gift granted to few.
“这种天赋的才能只有少数人才有。
You, boy,' she said suddenly to Neville, who almost toppled off his pouffe, 'is your grandmother well?'
你,男孩——”她突然对纳威说,纳威差点儿从他的坐垫上掉下来,“你奶奶好吗?”
'I think so,' said Neville tremulously.
“我想是好的。”纳威颤抖着说。
'I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, dear,' said Professor Trelawney, the firelight glinting on her long emerald earrings.
“我要是你,我可不这么肯定,亲爱的。”特里劳妮教授说,火光在她的长长的祖母绿耳环上闪烁。
Neville gulped. Professor Trelawney continued placidly, 'We will be covering the basic methods of Divination this year.
纳威喘不过气来。特里劳妮教授平静地继续说:“今年我们学习各种基本的占卜方法。
The first term will be devoted to reading the tea leaves.
第一学期都用在解读荼叶上。
Next term we shall progress to palmistry.
下学期我们应该学习手相术。
By the way, my dear,' she shot suddenly at Parvati Patil, 'beware a red-haired man.'
顺便提一句,我亲爱的,”她突然对帕瓦蒂帕蒂尔说,“提防红头发的男子。”
Parvati gave a startled look at Ron, who was right behind her, and edged her chair away from him.
帕瓦蒂害怕地看了一眼罗恩,罗恩正好坐在她后面。帕瓦蒂把自己的椅子移得离开了罗恩一些。
'In the summer term,' Professor Trelawney went on, 'we shall progress to the crystal ball — if we have finished with fire-omens, that is.
“在夏季学期,”特里劳妮教授继续说道,“我们将学习看水晶球——如果我们已经学完了火焰预兆的话。
Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout of flu.
不幸的是,二月份,一场恶性流感会迫使班级停课。
I myself will lose my voice. And around Easter, one of our number will leave us for ever.'
我自己会失音。在复活节前后,我们之中会有一个人永远离开大家。”
A very tense silence followed this pronouncement, but Professor Trelawney seemed unaware of it.
她说完这番话之后,教室里一片紧张的沉默,但特里劳妮教授似乎对此一无感觉。