'How did you do that?' said Ron.
“你怎么做到这一点的?”罗恩问。
'What?' said Hermione, joining them.
“什么?”赫敏说,和他们一起走。
'One minute you were right behind us, and next moment, you were back at the bottom of the stairs again.'
“前一分钟你在我们后面,现在你又在楼梯下面了。”
'What?' Hermione looked slightly confused. 'Oh — I had to go back for something. Oh, no... '
“什么?”赫敏有一点弄不清的样子,“哦——我必须回去取东西。哦,不……”
A seam had split on Hermione's bag.
赫敏书包裂了一道缝。
Harry wasn't surprised; he could see that it was crammed with at least a dozen large and heavy books.
哈利并不惊讶,他可以看到她书包里至少有十二本又大又沉的书。
'Why are you carrying all these around with you?' Ron asked her.
“你干吗随身带这么多书?”罗恩问她。
'You know how many subjects I'm taking,' said Hermione breathlessly. 'Couldn't hold these for me, could you?'
“你知道我要上多少课。”赫敏喘不过气似的说,“帮我带几本,行吗?”
'But —' Ron was turning over the books she had handed him, looking at the covers — 'you haven't got any of these subjects today.
“不过——”罗恩翻转她递给他的几本书,在看书的封面——“今天你不用上这几门课呀。
It's only Defence Against the Dark Arts this afternoon.'
今天下午只有黑魔法防御术课。”
'Oh, yes,' said Hermione vaguely, but she packed all the books back into her bag just the same.
“哦,是的。”赫敏含糊地说,但她把所有的书都放回到她自己的书包里去了。
'I hope there's something good for lunch, I'm starving,' she added, and she marched off towards the Great Hall.
“我希望午饭有些好东西吃,我饿死了。”她加了一句,然后她大步走向大厅去了。
'D'you get the feeling Hermione's not telling us something?' Ron asked Harry.
“你是不是觉得赫敏有些什么事没告诉我们吗?”罗恩问哈利。
Professor Lupin wasn't there when they arrived at his first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson.
他们到了卢平教授的第一堂黑魔法防御术课的教室里时,卢平教授并没在那里。
They all sat down, took out their books, quills and parchment, and were talking when he finally entered the room.
他们都坐了下来,拿出书本、羽毛笔和羊皮纸;卢平最后终于走进教室的时候,他们正在谈天。
Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk.
卢平微微一笑,把他那破破烂烂的手提箱放在讲桌上。
He was as shabby as ever but looked healthier than he had on the train, as though he had had a few square meals.
他和来时一样地褴褛,但比在火车上的时候看起来健康些,好像是因为他结结实实地吃过几顿饭的缘故。