'May I?' said Professor McGonagall, but she didn't wait for an answer before pulling the Firebolt out of their hands.
“给我看看行吗?”麦格教授说。但她不等回答就把火弩箭从他们手里拿了过去。
She examined it carefully from handle to twig-ends.
她从头到尾仔细地检查了一番。
'Hmm. And there was no note at all, Potter? No card? No message of any kind?'
“哼,根本没有说明,是不是,波特?没有卡片?没有任何信息?”
'No,' said Harry blankly.
“没有。”哈利面无表情地说道。
'I see...' said Professor McGonagall. 'Well, I'm afraid I will have to take this, Potter.'
“我明白了——”麦格教授说,“唔,恐怕我不得不把它拿走,波特。”
'W-what?' said Harry, scrambling to his feet. 'Why?'
“什——什么?”哈利说,慌慌张张地站了起来。“为什么?”
'It will need to be checked for jinxes,' said Professor McGonagall.
“必须检查一下看有没有不吉祥的东西。”麦格教授说,
'Of course, I'm no expert, but I daresay Madam Hooch and Professor Flitwick will strip it down —'
“当然,我不是专家,但是我敢说霍琦夫人和弗立维教授会把它拆卸了……”
'Strip it down?' repeated Ron, as though Professor McGonagall was mad.
“拆卸?”罗恩重复了一遍。似乎认为麦格教授疯了。
'It shouldn't take more than a few weeks,' said Professor McGonagall. 'You will have it back if we are sure it is jinx-free.'
“这要不了几个星期。”麦格教授说,“如果我们能肯定它没有附带任何不吉祥的东西,就可以还给你。”
'There's nothing wrong with it!' said Harry, his voice shaking slightly. 'Honestly, Professor —
“它可没有什么毛病!”哈利说,声音稍有些发抖。“说实在的,麦格教授……”
'You can't know that, Potter,' said Professor McGonagall, quite kindly, 'not until you've flown it, at any rate,
“你不会知道的,波特,”麦格教授很仁慈地说,“无论如何,要等你飞了以后才知道。
and I'm afraid that is out of the question until we are certain that it has not been tampered with. I shall keep you informed.'
我想,在我们肯定了解没有人对它做过手脚以前,根本不可能让你骑它去飞的。有什么情况我会随时通知你的。”
Professor McGonagall turned on her heel and carried the Firebolt out of the portrait hole, which closed behind her.
麦格教授转身带着火弩箭走出了肖像画的洞,洞在她身后闭上了。
Harry stood staring after her, the tin of High-Finish Polish still clutched in his hands.
哈利目送她离去,手里仍旧抓着那罐高精度上光剂。
Ron, however, rounded on Hermione. 'What did you go running to McGonagall for?'
然而,罗恩转而对着赫敏说话了——“你跑去找麦格教授干吗?”
Hermione threw her book aside. She was still pink in the face, but stood up and faced Ron defiantly.
赫敏把书扔在一边。她的脸仍然是粉红色的,但她不管不顾地站起来面对着罗恩。
'Because I thought — and Professor McGonagall agrees with me — that that broom was probably sent to Harry by Sirius Black!'
“因为我认为——麦格教授也同意我的看法——这把扫帚没准是小天狼星布莱克送给哈利的!”