"By means of the Golden Cap I shall command the Winged Monkeys to carry you to the gates of the Emerald City," said Glinda,
“我可以使用这顶金冠,把飞猴们招来,驮你到翡翠城的大门旁,”甘林达说,
"for it would be a shame to deprive the people of so wonderful a ruler."
“如果百姓们失去像你这们一个英明而神奇的领导者,是非常遗憾的。”
"Am I really wonderful?" asked the Scarecrow.
稻草人问:“我是神奇的吗?”
"You are unusual," replied Glinda.
甘林达回答说:“当然。”
Turning to the Tin Woodman, she asked,
她转过来对着铁皮人,问道:
"What will become of you when Dorothy leaves this country?"
“假如多萝茜离开了你,你会做些什么?”
He leaned on his axe and thought a moment.
铁皮人斜倚在他的斧头上,想了几分钟,
Then he said, "The Winkies were very kind to me, and wanted me to rule over them after the Wicked Witch died.
随后说道:“温基人都很喜欢我,在坏女巫死去后,他们要求我去管理他们。
I am fond of the Winkies, and if I could get back again to the Country of the West,
我也喜欢温基人,假如我能够再回到西方的国土上,
I should like nothing better than to rule over them forever."
在那里领导他们,比其它任何地方更使我快乐。”
"My second command to the Winged Monkeys," said Glinda "will be that they carry you safely to the land of the Winkies.
“我第二次召唤飞猴们来,”甘林达说,“它们将驮着你安全地到温基国去。
Your brain may not be so large to look at as those of the Scarecrow,
你的脑子虽然没有稻草人那么大,
but you are really brighter than he is—when you are well polished— and I am sure you will rule the Winkies wisely and well."
但是你真的比他更明亮——当你擦亮的时候——我深信你一定能聪明地领导着温基人。”