Then the Witch looked at the big, shaggy Lion and asked,
于是女巫转过脸来看着那只宠大的多毛的狮子,并且问道:
"When Dorothy has returned to her own home, what will become of you?"
“如果多萝茜回到她自己的家里,你去哪里呢?”
"Over the hill of the Hammer-Heads," he answered, "lies a grand old forest,
“如果我能越过了大头人山,”它回答说,“回到那个古的森林里,
and all the beasts that live there have made me their King.
住在那里的许多野兽们,把我看作是百兽之王。
If I could only get back to this forest, I would pass my life very happily there."
假如我能住在那里,我将非常快乐地度过我的一生。”
"My third command to the Winged Monkeys," said Glinda, "shall be to carry you to your forest.
“我第三次召唤飞猴们来,”甘林达说,“将把你送到森林中去。
Then, having used up the powers of the Golden Cap,
这样,这顶金冠的魔力用完了,
I shall give it to the King of the Monkeys, that he and his band may thereafter be free for evermore."
我就把它还给猴王,让它和它的部下以后永远过着自由的生活。”
The Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman and the Lion now thanked the Good Witch earnestly for her kindness;
稻草人、铁皮人、狮子,因为善女巫的恳切的帮助,都热忱地感谢着她。
and Dorothy exclaimed: "You are certainly as good as you are beautiful!
多萝茜高兴地喊道:“你是这样善良,正像你的美丽一样!
But you have not yet told me how to get back to Kansas."
但是,你还没有告诉我回到堪萨斯州的路呢。”
"Your Silver Shoes will carry you over the desert," replied Glinda.
“你的一双银鞋子,会带你越过沙漠,”甘林达回答说。
"If you had known their power you could have gone back to your Aunt Em the very first day you came to this country."
“假如你能懂得它们的魔力,在你来到奥芝的第一天,你就可以回到你的爱姆婶婶那里去的。”