After ten minutes or so, during which the Firebolt was passed around and admired from every angle,
大家传看着火弩箭,并且从每一个角度欣赏它。这样大约十分钟以后,人群就散开了。
the crowd dispersed and Harry and Ron had a clear view of Hermione, the only person who hadn't rushed over to them,
哈利和罗恩能够看清赫敏了,她是惟一没有向他们冲过来的人。
bent over her work, and carefully avoiding their eyes.
她俯身向着作业,小心地避开他们两人的目光。
Harry and Ron approached her table and at last, she looked up.
哈利和罗恩走近她的桌子,最后她总算抬起头来了。
'I got it back,' said Harry, grinning at her and holding up the Firebolt.
“我拿回来了。”哈利说,对她咧开嘴笑着,把火弩箭举了起来。
'See, Hermione? There wasn't anything wrong with it!' said Ron.
“看见啦,赫敏?这把扫帚什么毛病也没有!”罗恩说。
'Well — there might have been!' said Hermione. 'I mean, at least you know now that it's safe!'
“唔——本来也许有毛病呢!”赫敏说,“我意思是说,至少现在你知道它是安全的了!”
'Yeah, I suppose so,' said Harry. 'I'd better put it upstairs —'
“对,我想是这样的,”哈利说,“我还是把它放到楼上才好——”
'I'll take it!' said Ron eagerly. 'I've got to give Scabbers his Rat Tonic.'
“我来拿!”罗恩急切地说,“我必须给斑斑喂耗子补药了。”
He took the Firebolt, and, holding it as if it were made of glass, carried it away up the boys' staircase.
他拿着火弩箭,举着它上了男生宿舍的楼梯,仿佛它是玻璃做的。
'Can I sit down, then?' Harry asked Hermione.
“那我可以坐下吗?”哈利问赫敏。
'I suppose so,' said Hermione, moving a great stack of parchment off a chair.
“我想可以。”赫敏说,从一把椅子上挪走一大块羊皮纸。
Harry looked around at the cluttered table, at the long Arithmancy essay on which the ink was still glistening,
哈利看了看那张零乱的桌子,又看了看那篇长长的、墨迹未干的算术占卜论文,
at the even longer Muggle Studies essay ('Explain why Muggles Need Electricity') and at the Rune translation Hermione was now poring over.
再看看那篇更长的麻瓜研究论文(“说明麻瓜为什么需要电力”),还有赫敏正在推敲的魔文翻译。
'How are you getting through all this stuff?' Harry asked her.
“你怎么能把这么多东西都对付下来呢?”哈利问她。
'Oh, well — you know — working hard,' said Hermione.
“哦,唔——你知道——用功呗。”赫敏说。
Close to, Harry saw that she looked almost as tired as Lupin.
哈利凑近了才发现她看上去几乎和卢平一样疲乏。