He would have liked to have told Lupin about the conversation he'd overheard about Black in the Three Broomsticks, about Black betraying his mother and father,
他原想把他在三把扫帚偷听到的关于布莱克的对话、关于布莱克背叛他父母的事告诉卢平,
but it would have involved revealing that he'd gone to Hogsmeade without permission, and he knew Lupin wouldn't be very impressed by that.
但是这样一来势必要暴露出他未经许可就擅自去了霍格莫德村的事,而且他知道卢平对此未必会在意。
So he finished his Butterbeer, thanked Lupin, and left the History of Magic classroom.
因此他喝完黄油啤酒,谢了卢平,就离开了魔法史教室。
Harry half wished that he hadn't asked what was under a Dementor's hood,
哈利恍恍惚惚地希望他没有问摄魂怪头巾下面有什么这个问题,
the answer had been so horrible, and he was so lost in unpleasant thoughts of what it would feel like to have your soul sucked out of you
因为这个答案是如此可怕,他沉浸在灵魂被吸走会有什么感觉的想法里,
that he walked headlong into Professor McGonagall halfway up the stairs.
所以在楼梯上竟和麦格教授撞个正着。
'Do watch where you're going, Potter!'
“看看你在往哪里走,波特!”
'Sorry, Professor —'
“对不起,教授——”
'I've just been looking for you in the Gryffindor common room.
“我刚才到格兰芬多的公共休息室里去找你。
Well, here it is, we've done everything we could think of, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all,
唔,给你,我们凡是想得到的事都做过了,好像这把扫帚根本没有什么不正常的地方,
you've got a very good friend somewhere, Potter ...'
你在什么地方有个很好的朋友呢,波特……”
Harry's jaw dropped. She was holding out his Firebolt, and it looked as magnificent as ever.
哈利张大了嘴。她正把他的火弩箭拿出来,它看上去和以前一样漂亮。
'I can have it back?' Harry said weakly. 'Seriously?'
“我可以拿回去了吗?”哈利低声问道,“当真能拿了?”
'Seriously,' said Professor McGonagall, and she was actually smiling.
“当真。”麦格教授说,她真的在微笑。
'I daresay you'll need to get the feel of it before Saturday's match, won't you? And Potter — do try and win, won't you?
“我敢说星期六比赛以前你就想试试它了,对不对?还有,波特——努把力打赢啊,好不好?
Or we'll be out of the running for the eighth year in a row, as Professor Snape was kind enough to remind me only last night ...'
要不然我们就连续八年拿不到奖杯了,这是斯内普教授昨晚好心地提醒我的……”
Speechless, Harry carried the Firebolt back upstairs towards Gryffindor Tower.
哈利一句话也说不出来,他拿了火弩箭回身上楼到格兰芬多塔楼去了。