"It is a long way," I again said.
“离这儿很远,”我又说了一句。
"It is, to be sure; and when you get to Bitternutt Lodge, Connaught, Ireland,
“确实加此。等你到了爱尔兰康诺特的苦果村,
I shall never see you again, Jane: that's morally certain.
我就永远见不到你了,肯定就是这么回事。
I never go over to Ireland, not having myself much of a fancy for the country.
我从来不去爱尔兰,因为自己并不太喜欢这个国家。
We have been good friends, Jane; have we not?"
我们一直是好朋友,简,你说是不是?”
"Yes, sir."
“是的,先生。”
"And when friends are on the eve of separation,
“朋友们在离别的前夕,
they like to spend the little time that remains to them close to each other.
往往喜欢亲密无间地度过余下的不多时光。
Come! we'll talk over the voyage and the parting quietly half-an-hour or so, while the stars enter into their shining life up in heaven yonder:
来!星星们在那边天上闪烁着光芒时,我们用上半个小时左右,平静地谈谈航行和离别。
here is the chestnut tree: here is the bench at its old roots.
这儿是一棵七叶树,这边是围着老树根的凳子。
Come, we will sit there in peace to-night,
来,今晚我们就安安心心地坐在这儿,
though we should never more be destined to sit there together." He seated me and himself.
虽然我们今后注定再也不会坐在一起了。”他让我坐下,然后自己也坐了下来。