Harry bit his lip. He didn't know what had happened and didn't want to admit it — but Snape seemed to have guessed the truth.
哈利咬住嘴唇。他不知道发生过什么,不想承认这一点——但是斯内普好像猜到了他的心思。
'I would hate you to run away with a false idea of your father, Potter,' he said, a terrible grin twisting his face.
“我可不愿意你带着关于你爸爸的错误概念离开,波特。”他说着,可怕的微笑扭曲了他的脸。
'Have you been imagining some act of glorious heroism?
“你想象过英雄业绩的某些行动吗?
Then let me correct you — your saintly father and his friends played a highly amusing joke on me
让我来纠正你罢——你那圣徒似的爸爸和他的朋友对我开了一个很有趣的玩笑,
that would have resulted in my death if your father hadn't got cold feet at the last moment.
要不是你爸爸在最后时刻临阵畏缩,那我就会死的。
There was nothing brave about what he did.
他做的事没有什么可以称为勇敢的。
He was saving his own skin as much as mine.
他救了自己也救了我。
Had their joke succeeded, he would have been expelled from Hogwarts.'
如果他们的玩笑开成了,霍格沃茨就会开除他。”
Snape's uneven, yellowish teeth were bared.
斯内普那不整齐的牙齿露出来了。
'Turn out your pockets, Potter!' he spat suddenly.
“把衣袋翻出来,波特!”他突然喝道。
Harry didn't move. There was a pounding in his ears.
哈利没有动,他耳朵里有轰鸣声。
'Turn out your pockets, or we go straight to the Headmaster! Pull them out, Potter!'
“把衣袋翻出来,要不然我们直接去见校长!翻出来,波特!”
Cold with dread, Harry slowly pulled out the bag of Zonko's tricks and the Marauder's Map. Snape picked up the Zonko's bag.
哈利因害怕而发冷,慢慢地拿出那袋在佐科店买的各种玩艺儿和那张活点地图。斯内普拿起佐科的那个袋子。
'Ron gave them to me,' said Harry, praying he'd get a chance to tip Ron off before Snape saw him.
“是罗恩给我的,”哈利说,暗自祈祷他能有机会在斯内普看见罗恩以前就通知罗恩,
'He — brought them back from Hogsmeade last time —'
“他……上次在霍格莫德买来的……”
'Indeed? And you've been carrying them round ever since? How very touching ... and what is this?'
“是吗?你从那时候以来就一直带在身边?真令人感动……那是什么?”
Snape had picked up the map. Harry tried with all his might to keep his face impassive.
斯内普拿起那张地图。哈利尽最大努力使自己不动声色。
'Spare bit of parchment,' he shrugged. Snape turned it over, his eyes on Harry.
“一小张空白羊皮纸。”他耸耸肩。斯内普把羊皮纸翻过来,眼睛盯着哈利看。