Still holding me fast, he left the church: the three gentlemen came after.
他依然紧握着我的手,离开了教堂。三位先生跟在后面。
At the front door of the hall we found the carriage.
我们发现马车停在大厅的前门口。
"Take it back to the coach-house, John," said Mr. Rochester coolly; "it will not be wanted to-day."
“把它送回马车房去,约翰,”罗切斯特先生冷冷地说,“今天不需要它了。”
At our entrance, Mrs. Fairfax, Adèle, Sophie, Leah, advanced to meet and greet us.
我们进门时,费尔法克斯太太、阿黛勒、索菲娅、莉娅都走上前来迎接我们。
"To the right-about -- every soul!" cried the master; "away with your congratulations!
“统统都向后转。”主人喊道,“收起你们的祝贺吧?
Who wants them? Not I! -- they are fifteen years too late!"
谁需要它呢?我可不要!它晚了十五年?”
He passed on and ascended the stairs, still holding my hand, and still beckoning the gentlemen to follow him, which they did.
他继续往前走,登上楼梯,一面仍紧握着我的手,一面招呼先生们跟着他,他们照办了。
We mounted the first staircase, passed up the gallery, proceeded to the third storey:
我们走上第一道楼梯,经过门廊,继续上了三楼。
the low, black door, opened by Mr. Rochester's master-key,
罗切斯特先生的万能钥匙打开了这扇又矮又黑的门,
admitted us to the tapestried room, with its great bed and its pictorial cabinet.
让我进了铺有花毯的房间,房内有一张大床和一个饰有图案的柜子。
"You know this place, Mason," said our guide; "she bit and stabbed you here."
“你知道这个地方,梅森,”我们的向导说,“她在这里咬了你,刺了你。”