手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动画学职场英语 > 正文

看动画学职场英语:解释原因

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome back to the chaotic offices of Tip Top Trading. Now Denise has left the company, the place is a mess and important phone messages are being lost.

欢迎回到Tip Top Trading混乱的办公室。现在丹妮丝离开了公司,这个地方一团糟,重要的电话信息丢失。
What can be done to make things better? I think we know the answer!
如何才能使事情变得更好?我想我们知道答案了!
Hi. Did anyone take a message for me while I was out? I'm expecting an important call.
大家好,我不在时有人给我留言吗?我有一个重要的电话。
Err… no!
呃,没有!
Actually yes Paul. I wrote it on Tom's hand but he washed it off.
保罗,事实上有一个电话。我写在汤姆的手上,但他洗掉了。
Look, good hygiene's very important to me.
看,保持良好的卫生对我很重要。
Hmm. That's not very good is it? What's wrong with writing on a piece of paper?
那不是很好,对吗?写在纸上有什么问题?
We've run out of paper… and pens.
我们用完了纸和笔。
Everything really. Nobody's ordered any stationery or tidied up the office.
真的是所有东西都用完了,没有人订购任何文具或整理办公室。
It's since Denise left.
自丹妮丝离开以来就是这种情况。
Yes, maybe I was a bit hasty getting rid of her. It was really just to save money.
是的,也许我解雇她有点仓促。真的只是为了省钱。
Yeah, but look, if we can't take messages from possible clients we're going to lose even more money.
是的,但是你看,如果我们不能记下潜在客户的留言,我们将损失更多的钱。
Yes… I suppose you have a point. Maybe I will to have reinstate her.
是的...我认为你说的有道理。也许我将恢复她的职务。
You mean, get her back?
你是说让她回来?
Yes Anna, he does. Another way of saying reinstate is he's got to 'reverse his decision'. It means Paul has got to make an awkward call to Denise.
是的,安娜。复职的另一种说法是他必须“推翻他的决定”。这意味着保罗必须给丹妮丝打个尴尬的电话。
Look Paul, you're going to have to call her and tell her you've made an error… a huge one actually.
保罗,你将不得不打电话给她,并告诉她你犯了一个错误……实际上是个大错误。
It wasn't that huge? Actually… Anna, you're her good friend, would you like to call her?
那不是很大吗?事实上……安娜,你是她的好朋友,你想给她打电话吗?
Me?! B-b-but I can't.
我?!但我不能。
What a coward! I think it's time to stand your ground Anna.
真是懦夫!我想是时候坚持立场了,安娜。
Tell him "You're the boss, I think it's better coming from you", and remind him "it was your decision so you need to explain the situation",
告诉他“你是老板,我想最好是你亲自打电话”,并提醒他,“这是你的决定,因此你需要解释情况”,
and remind him "this is your responsibility". You could suggest he says "I'm sorry, I made a mistake and we would love to have you back."
并提醒他,“这是你的任务”。你可以建议他说:“对不起,我犯了一个错误,我们很乐意让你回来。”
OK. Do you know what Paul, I think the news is better coming from you… just to make it official.

好。你知道吗?保罗,我认为你给出消息更好,这样更正式。

Yeah Paul, you are the boss after all.

保罗,毕竟你是老板。
And it was your decision in the first place so you need to explain that the situation has changed.
首先是你的决定,因此你需要说明情况已经改变。
Well, maybe you're right but I can't tell her I'm wrong, can I?
好吧,也许你是对的,但我不能告诉她我错了,是吧?
Look, just say you're sorry. Tell her you made a mistake and I would love to have you back… we all would.
看,只说对不起。告诉她你犯了一个错误,我很想让她回来……我们都是这样。
Yes, you're right. I should do it. I'll just have a quick biscuit. Here goes.
你是对的。我应该这么做。我将来一个饼干。好了。
Hello?
你好?
Ah... h-h-h-ello Denise. It's me… Paul…your boss… your ex-boss from Tip Top Trading.
你好丹妮丝。是我...保罗...你的老板...你在Tip Top Trading的前老板。
Oh.
噢。
How are you… getting on?
你怎么样?
Well…
好...
Good, good. Actually, I've been rethinking our staffing situation in the office…
好,好。实际上,我一直在重新考虑我们办公室的人员配备情况…
Yes?
怎么?
And…well… I'm sorry Denise… I… miscalculated my staffing numbers.
而且…恩…对不起,丹妮丝…我…我的员工编制有误。
You mean you made a mistake?
你是说你犯了一个错误?
Well, I suppose so. So... I would love to have you back in the office as soon as possible. What do you say?
好吧,我想是这样。所以...我希望你尽快回到办公室。你说怎么样?
Hmm, let me think about it… hmmm… errr… well… hmmm…
嗯,让我考虑一下...嗯...嗯...嗯...嗯...
What will Denise decide? It was a hard phone call for Paul to make, but not one Anna should have made as it wasn't her mistake.
丹妮丝会做出什么决定?保罗打这个电话不容易,但安娜也没必要打这个电话,因为那不是她的错。
She stood her ground with Paul and used the following phrases:
她与保罗的立场一样,使用了以下短语:
You're the boss and I think the news is better coming from you.
你是老板,我认为你给出这个消息更好。
It was your decision in the first place so you need to explain that the situation has changed.
首先是你的决定,因此你需要说明情况已经改变了。
This is your responsibility.
这是你的任务。
And here is a reminder of the phrases Paul used to try and apologise:
这里给出了保罗曾经尝试道歉的短语:
I've been rethinking our staffing situation in the office.
我在重新考虑我们办公室的人员配备情况。
Sorry, I made a mistake. I miscalculated my staffing numbers.
抱歉,我弄错了。我错误地计算了员工人数。
I would love to have you back in the office.
我很想让你回到办公室。
Hmmm… well… OK then. I'll start back tomorrow.
嗯...好吧...那好吧。我明天回去。
Oh wonderful. I'm so pleased. We'll get your old chair back in position.
太好了。我很高兴,我们将把你的旧椅子放回原处。
Actually Paul, if you want me back I'll need a new chair… and a new phone…
保罗,如果你要我回去,我需要一把新椅子...和一部新手机...
OK Denise! See you tomorrow.
好的,丹妮丝!明天见。
And a pay rise!
还要加薪!
So, is she coming back then?
那她回来吗?
Yes, first thing tomorrow.
是的,明天就回来。
That's good because we've just had a call from Nice'n'Cheesy
很好,因为我们刚刚接到了Nice'n'Cheesy的电话,
they said nobody returned their call yesterday and then if we don't contact them by the end of tomorrow they will go elsewhere for their plastic grapes.
他们说昨天没有人给他们回电话,如果我们在明天结束前不与他们联系,他们会去别处购买他们的塑料葡萄。
Right, we must act… and act fast.
是的,我们必须采取行动…迅速采取行动。
Let's hope they don't lose that contract. At least with Denise returning to work, things will be a little more organised but for how long?
我们希望他们不会失去这份合同。至少随着丹妮丝重新回来工作,事情会变得更有条理,但会持续多长时间?
Join us again next time on English at Work. Bye!
下次再加入我们职场英语吧。再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
err [ə:]

想一想再看

v. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途

联想记忆
awkward ['ɔ:kwəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的

 
reverse [ri'və:s]

想一想再看

n. 相反,背面,失败,倒档
adj. 反面的

联想记忆
hasty ['heisti]

想一想再看

adj. 匆匆的,轻率的,急忙的

 
contract ['kɔntrækt,kən'trækt]

想一想再看

n. 合同,契约,婚约,合约
v. 订合同,缩

联想记忆
reminder [ri'maində]

想一想再看

n. 提醒物,提示

 
reinstate [.ri:in'steit]

想一想再看

vt. 使复位,恢复

联想记忆
chaotic [kei'ɔtik]

想一想再看

adj. 混乱的

联想记忆
coward ['kauəd]

想一想再看

n. 懦夫
adj. 胆小的
Cow

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。