手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动画学职场英语 > 正文

看动画学职场英语:预订活动场所

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
Hello again and welcome to English at Work. The team at Tip Top Trading has lots to do,
欢迎回到职场英语。Tip Top Trading的团队有很多工作要做,
but now Anna has discovered she has to organise a launch party for the new plastic aubergine.
但现在,安娜发现她必须为新型塑料茄子组织一次发布会。
It’s taking place at the end of the week and nobody has organised a venue yet! I think Anna is going to need some help.
活动将在本周末举行,目前还没有人定下场地! 我认为安娜将需要一些帮助。
So Anna, I’m sorry Tom didn't tell you but do you think you can turn something round by Friday?
所以安娜,很抱歉汤姆没有告诉你,但是你认为你可以在星期五之前扭转局面吗?
I'll try, but what do I need to do?
我会尽力的,但是我该怎么办?
Oh not much, book a room somewhere, send out some invites… arrange some food… and drink… that sort of thing.
噢,事情不多,预定场地、发出一些邀请、安排一些食物和饮料等。
That's all?!
就这些?!
You can do it - you're great at this kind of thing. And get the team to help.
你可以做到,你擅长这种事情。可以请求获得团队的帮助。
Well, I'll give it a go. See you later.
好吧,我会努力的。回头见。
Thanks Anna. And don't forget to order some of those posh Belgian chocolate biscuits, they always go down well with the clients.
谢谢,安娜。不要忘了订购一些高档比利时巧克力饼干,客户们都很喜欢。
Oh dear Anna. It looks like you have your work cut out.
噢,亲爱的安娜。看来你的工作有难度。
Cut out?
有难度?
I mean, you have a difficult job to do - but as Paul says, you can do it.
我的意思是,你的工作有点难,但正如保罗所说,你可以做到。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Are you OK Anna? You look a bit worried.
你还好吗?安娜,你看起来有点担心。
I am. You forgot to tell me about the product launch on Friday and now Paul wants me to organise it.
是的。你忘了告诉我有关星期五产品发布的事情,现在保罗希望由我组织。
Did I? Oh sorry. Look, if I can help in any way, just let me know.
我忘了吗?哦,对不起。如果我能以任何方式提供帮助,请告诉我。
Well, you could book a venue for the launch.
你可以预定一个发布会场。
Ahh yeah… just remembered, I've got some Imperial Lemons I need to send out. Maybe later, yeah?
啊,刚想起来,我有一些帝国柠檬需要发货。也许晚些时候再预定会场吧?
How am I going to find a venue for the launch at such short notice?
我将如何在这么短的时间内找到发布场地?
You need to ask for recommendations, search on the internet, or look in the phone directory, and then make a call.
你需要寻求建议,在互联网上搜索,或在电话目录中查找,然后打电话。
You need to say "Could I check availability for your venue please?", then ask "What business facilities do you have?"
你需要说“我可以核实一下您的场地是否可用?”,然后问“您有什么商务设施?”
and "How many people can the room or venue hold?"
以及“房间或场地可以容纳多少人?”
You could ask "Can you provide hospitality?" – that’s things like food and drink.
你可以问“能够款待客人吗?” 这是指提供食物和饮料等。
Finally, don't forget to ask "How much does it cost?"
最后,不要忘了问“这要花多少钱?”
Thanks, there's a lot to ask. Hi Denise, I've got to book a venue for our plastic aubergine launch. Have you any ideas?
谢谢,还有很多要问的。嗨,丹妮丝,我必须预定我们的塑料茄子发布会场地。你有什么主意吗?
Well, my friend Marge works for a hotel company that has conference facilities. You could give her a call. Look, here's her number.
好吧,我的朋友Marge在一家有会议设施的酒店工作。你可以给她打电话,这是她的号码。
Oh, thanks Denise. Let's give it a try… 0–2–0–7–5–6–9–2.
噢,谢谢丹妮丝。让我试试,02075692.
Hello, the Pitz Hotel. Margery speaking.
您好,皮兹酒店,我是Margery。
Oh hi, this is Anna from Tip Top Trading, I'm a friend of Denise's.
嗨,我是Tip Top Trading的安娜,我是丹妮丝的朋友。
Oh hi Anna. I've heard all about you. What are you ringing for?
嗨,安娜。我听说过你,你打电话有什么事吗?
I need to check availability for your venue for a product launch we’re doing.
我需要询问您的场地是否可用,以便我们举行产品发布会。
Right! Well, I'm sure I can help. We do have a conference room. When is it for?
好吧,我确定我能帮上忙。我们有会议厅,什么时候需要?
This Friday.

本周五。

Friday! This Friday? Well… that's a bit tricky: the room is being decorated at the moment.
本周五! 这个星期五? 好吧,这有点棘手,房间正在装修。
Oh.
噢。
But we do have a smaller room that you could use – it's got a lovely view of the car park.
但是我们有一个小一些的房间可供您使用,可以欣赏停车场的美景。
I see… and how many people does it hold?
我明白,它能容纳多少人?
You could easily squeeze in about 20 people.
您可以轻松地挤进去大约20个人。
20 people. I guess it will have to do. Do you have any business facilities – somewhere to plug in the laptop, projector, wi-fi, that sort of thing?
20个人,我想应该可以。您那里有任何商务设施吗?连接笔记本和投影仪,还有WIFI等?
Oh yes, yes, we're very hi-tech. We even have a fax machine!
哦,可以,我们非常高科技。我们甚至有一台传真机!
And can you provide hospitality too?
也可以提供招待吗?
Of course! We do a 'business platter' consisting of orange juice, sandwiches, canapés – that really means cheese and pineapple on sticks.
当然!我们的“商业拼盘”包括橙汁、三明治、小点心,也就是奶酪和菠萝。
I wonder, can you also provide Belgian chocolate biscuits?
我想知道,您那里还可以提供比利时巧克力饼干吗?
I'm sure we can.
我确信我们可以。
That's great! OK… and most importantly, how much does it cost?
那很棒!好吧……最重要的是,要多少钱?
Well, to book the room for 2 hours usually costs £1,000. The hospitality is extra but as you're a friend of Denise, I'll throw it in for nothing.
好吧,预订房间两小时通常要1,000英镑。款待费用需要另付,但由于您是丹妮丝的朋友,所以我们将免费提供。
You'll throw the food and drink in?! Won't that get messy?
你们把食物和饮料扔进去吗?这会不会变得混乱?
No - I mean we'll provide it for free. Just don't tell anyone, otherwise everyone will expect it!
不是的,我的意思是,我们将免费提供饮食。只是不要告诉任何人,否则每个人都希望免费!
Well, that's fantastic Marge. Thanks. If you can send us an invoice, we'll sort payment out as soon as possible.
好吧,太好了,Marge,谢谢你。如果您寄给我们发票,我们会尽快付款。
Bye Anna, and tell Denise, I'll see her for our Zumba class tomorrow.
再见安娜,再告诉丹妮丝,我明天参加尊巴舞课程时和她见面。
Anna has saved the day again. The launch party for the plastic aubergine can now go ahead.
安娜再次化险为夷。现在塑料茄子的发布会可以正常推进了。
If you're trying to book a venue for a business meeting or product launch, here are some of the phrases you could use:
如果你要预订商务会议或产品发布会的场所,可以使用以下短语:
Could I check availability for your venue please?
我可以核实一下场地是否可用吗?
What business facilities do you have?
您那里有什么商务设施?
How many people can the room or venue hold?
房间或场地可容纳多少人?
Can you provide hospitality?
可以款待客人吗?
How much does it cost?
费用是多少?
So Anna, was Marge any help?
安娜,Marge给你提供帮助了吗?
Yes. She found me a room and gave me a good deal. We just need to invite out clients now.
是的。她为我找了一个房间,价格很优惠。现在我们只需要邀请客户即可。
I can do that. I think it's best if I call them, there's no time to post out invitations.
我可以做。我认为最好由我打电话给他们,没有时间发邀请了。
Good idea.
好主意。
But I just need to give Marge a call first, just to check a few things.
但我需要先给Marge打个电话,核实一些事情。
Typical Denise. Nothing's more urgent than talking to Marge!
丹妮丝就是这样。与Marge通话最紧迫!
He can talk! If you need something doing it seems like Anne is the woman you need.
他这时才说话!如果你需要做某事,似乎安妮就是所需要的人。
Find out what else she is capable of in the next episode of English at work. Bye!
在下一期的职场英语中,让我们看看安娜还擅长做什么。再见!
重点单词   查看全部解释    
arrange [ə'reindʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 安排,整理,计划,改编(乐曲)
vi.

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
availability [ə.veilə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 有效,有用,有益;可得到的人(或物)

 
payment ['peimənt]

想一想再看

n. 支付,付款,报偿,报应

 
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆
hospitality [.hɔspi'tæliti]

想一想再看

n. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理

联想记忆
projector [prə'dʒektə]

想一想再看

n. 放映机(探照灯,发射装置,设计者,制图投射线)

 
typical ['tipikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的

 
imperial [im'piəriəl]

想一想再看

adj. 帝国(王)的,至尊的,特大的
n.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。