手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

如何找回你的想象力?(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

But one day, the boy couldn't find the box.

但是有一天,男孩找不到这个盒子了。

He looked in his room.

他先在自己的房间里找了一番。

He searched the backyard.

又翻遍了后院。

And then he found it in the garage.

最后在车库里发现了它。

And when he ran to go play with it, he opened it up.

他跑过去想玩一玩盒子,然后打开了它。

And inside were winter jackets.

里面装的是冬天的夹克。

And this was the day that the boy learned what the box was actually made to do.

就在这一天,男孩明白了盒子的用途。

To store things.

用来装东西。

Now the box is just a regular box.

现在这个盒子变成了一个普通的盒子。

The boy ended up packing up his things to go to college in that box a couple of years later.

几年后,这个男孩把他的行李装进了那个盒子里,准备去上大学。

Soon after that, he used that box to move to his first home when he got married.

不久之后,当他结婚时,他用那个盒子搬到了新婚后的第一个家。

And then after that, to make room for the baby, he packed some of his film gear in this box, placed it in the top shelf of his garage, where it sat for a while collecting dust.

再然后,为了给孩子腾出位置,他把装着胶卷的盒子放在了车库顶层的货架上,在那里放了一段时间,积了很多灰。

See, I was that boy and I'm embarrassed to admit that that box sat on the top shelf of the garage for many more years after that, not being dreamed with.

我就是那个男孩,我羞于承认在那之后,那个盒子又在车库顶层的架子上放了很多年,一直无人问津。

So, one night I heard a sound.

直到有一天晚上,我听到了什么声音。

It was coming from the garage and I thought someone was breaking in, so I went to go check it out.

它是从车库传来的,我以为有人闯入,所以去查看了一下。

To my surprise, the box was on the ground, and my kids were dreaming with the box.

令我惊讶的是,盒子掉在了地上,我的孩子们正对着盒子浮想联翩。

And they said, "Daddy, we're playing rocket ship.

他们说:“爸爸,我们在玩火箭飞船。

Come play with us."

和我们一起玩。

It had been a while since I played with the box, but I fired on the engine for them.

我已经有一段时间没有玩过盒子了,但我为他们启动了引擎。

Sure enough, after all these years, she still ran and we headed into space.

果不其然,这么多年过去了,它仍然还能启动,我们进入了太空。

Houston, we're ready for lift off.

休斯顿,我们准备升空。

We ended up going just a little past Jupiter, where we met some friendly space aliens who taught us a really cool sport that I want to show you, called space soccer.

我们最终越过了木星一点点,在那里遇到了一些友好的外星人,他们教会了我们一项非常酷的运动,叫做太空足球,让我展示给你们看。

It's a really slow sport, requires a lot of yoga.

动作非常慢,需要多做瑜伽。

But it is more fun than golf.

但这比高尔夫有趣多了。

So.

所以。

It was there in that garage that I learned the key to why all our kids see with childlike wonder.

就是在那里的车库里,我明白了所有的孩子都会存在奇思妙想的原因。

It's because they don't have assumptions.

因为他们不做假设。

They don't have assumptions about the box yet.

他们对这个盒子没有任何预设。

They haven't been told what it's supposed to do or what it's supposed to be used for.

没人告诉他们这个盒子能做些什么或者有什么用途。

Therefore, they have all these other possibilities.

因此,这个盒子对他们来说有着无限的可能。

So for you and I, as we approach life and try to solve new problems, if we're able to remove our assumptions for a moment, we can see with this new childlike wonder once again.

对于你我而言,当我们在日常生活中解决新问题时,如果能够暂时停止自己的假设,就可以再次见证孩童般的奇思妙想。

So I want to test this out and see if this worked, if this experience regained a little sense of your wonder.

我想来试试这个方法是否奏效,看看这次经历是否能让你重燃自己的好奇心。

So I'm going to throw up my desktop image on the screen and I want you to hold back your assumptions.

所以我要把我电脑的屏幕投屏到这里,我希望你能克制住自己的假设。

So on the desktop screen, you might have a few assumptions that you can't hold back, you're looking at it going, I'm really disorganized, or you're assuming that I've got too many projects going on, and both of those are true.

看到这个桌面,你可能会出现一些无法抑制的假设,例如觉得我太没有条理,或者认为我有太多项目要处理,这两点都是对的。

But I want us to look a little deeper to see the possibility.

但我希望我们能再进一步,寻找其中的可能性。

So let me help clear the way here.

所以让我来清理一下。

I was actually looking at the background.

看看这个背景。

Maybe I need a vacation.

也许我该休个假了。

You know, it's actually super nice here.

你知道吗,这里其实超好的。

Hey, I'll take that.

嘿,我要拿一下这个。

So the next time somebody tells you...

所以如果下次有人告诉你……

Oh, wait, that doesn't make sense.

哦,等等,这没道理啊。

How do I get out of here?

我怎么才能出去?

OK, I can figure this out.

好吧,我想个办法。

If that's not a box, maybe it's something else entirely.

如果那不是个盒子,也许完全是另一样东西。

Maybe...

也许……

It's a portal.

这是一个传送门。

So the next time...

所以下一次……

So the next time somebody tells you to think outside the box, you can tell them, "Hey, this is not a box."

下次有人告诉你要跳出框框(box)思考时,你可以告诉他们,“嘿,这不是框框。”

Because when we remove our assumptions, we're able to then see with this childlike sense of wonder.

因为如果我们不再假设,就能看到这样充满童真的奇幻之景。

And that's the moment when new ideas can enter the world.

而这就是新点子诞生的时刻。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
remove [ri'mu:v]

想一想再看

v. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁
n. 去除

联想记忆
embarrassed [im'bærəst]

想一想再看

adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
shelf [ʃelf]

想一想再看

n. 架子,搁板

 
disorganized [dis'ɔ:ɡənaizd]

想一想再看

adj. 无组织的;紊乱的

 
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。