Chen is now a member of Combatants for Peace.
陈现在是“争取和平的战士”组织的一名成员。
He still feels sad when he thinks about the Palestinian members of the group.
当他想到该组织中的巴勒斯坦成员时,他仍然感到难过。
He remembers trying to kill Palestinians.
他记得自己曾试图杀害巴勒斯坦人。
He often wonders if he ever tried to kill someone from Combatants for Peace when they were still enemies.
他常常想,当“争取和平的战士”组织的成员还是敌人的时候,他是否曾试图杀他们。
He regrets his actions very much.
他对自己的行为感到非常后悔。
But Chen also feels hope for the future.
但陈也对未来充满希望。
So, what about Bassam? At the beginning of this program we said that his own daughter died in the conflict.
那么,巴萨姆呢?本期节目开始的时候,我们说过,他自己的女儿在冲突中丧生。
The death of an innocent child is always very tragic.
无辜儿童的死亡总是非常悲惨的。
What would you do if it were your child?
如果是你的孩子在冲突中丧生,你会怎么做?
What do you think Bassam did?
你觉得巴萨姆做了什么?
Well, first, Bassam found care and encouragement from the members of Combatants for Peace.
首先,巴萨姆从“争取和平的战士”组织的成员那里得到了关怀和鼓励。
The Israeli members have offered Bassam, a Palestinian, a lot of help.
以色列成员向巴勒斯坦人巴萨姆提供了大量帮助。
“They stayed with me all the time in the hospital.
“他们在医院里一直陪着我。
They called every day to see that I was alright.
他们每天都打电话来问我是否安好。
I saw them crying, they were crying about my daughter.”
我看到他们在哭,他们在为我的女儿哭泣。”
And second, Bassam says that he will not let this incident stop him from working for peace.
其次,巴萨姆说,他不会让这一事件阻止他为和平而努力。
He is very sad.
他很难过。
But he knows that continued violence on his part will not bring peace. Bassam said,
但他知道,他继续使用暴力不会带来和平。巴萨姆说,
“I want my daughter to be the last victim.
“我希望我的女儿是最后一个受害者。
I will still be working for peace through my suffering. ...It will be very, very difficult.
我仍将通过我的苦难为和平而努力……这将会非常非常困难。
But we must protect the lives of children and innocent citizens.
但我们必须保护儿童和无辜公民的生命。
For my children, I want them to know another life.
为了我的孩子,我想让他们了解另一种生活。
I do not want them to live the same miserable, violent life as I have led.”
我不希望让他们过着和我一样悲惨、暴力的生活。”