手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 环球慢速英语 > 正文

第1017期:幻听(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Hello, I’m Ruby Jones.

大家好。我是鲁比·琼斯。

And I’m Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight.

我是玛丽娜·桑蒂。欢迎收听重点报道节目。

This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting.

本节目用慢速英语的方式播报新闻。

It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live.

以便让世界各地的人们更容易听懂。

“Some tragic events were happening in my life.

“我的生活中发生了一些悲惨的事情。

First of all, my girlfriend killed herself.

首先,我的女朋友自杀了。

It was a terrible shock to me.

这对我来说是一个可怕的打击。

We had been very happy together.

我们曾经在一起非常幸福。

Then, I broke my hip bone while playing a game of rugby.

然后,我在打橄榄球时摔断了髋骨。

I had to spend many weeks in hospital.

我不得不在医院里住了好几个星期。

The doctors told me I would never play rugby again.

医生告诉我,我再也不能打橄榄球了。

Later, I went back to work.

后来,我又回去工作了。

One day, I was in my office.

有一天,我在办公室里。

Suddenly, I heard a voice behind me saying, “You did that wrong.”

突然,我听到身后有个声音说:“你做错了。”

I looked, but there was no one there.

我看了看,但那里没有人。

The voice spoke again. And again.

那个声音又说话了。一次又一次。

As time passed, I began to hear two voices - then three.

随着时间的推移,我开始听到两个声音,然后是三个声音。

Finally, there were six different voices.

最后,我听到了六个不同的声音。

They spoke to me all the time.

它们一直在跟我说话。

They told me how weak and useless I was.

它们告诉我我是多么的软弱和无用。

They only stopped when I drank too much alcohol.

它们只有在我喝了太多酒后才停下来。

I could not think clearly.

我无法清晰地思考。

Soon, I lost my job.

很快,我就丢了工作。

And I ended up in a mental hospital.”

最后我被送进了精神病院。”

This is Ron Coleman’s story.

这是罗恩·科尔曼的故事。

Doctors decided that Ron was suffering from a mental condition called schizophrenia.

医生认为罗恩患有一种名为精神分裂症的精神疾病。

His understanding of what was real had changed.

他对真实事物的理解发生了变化。

The voices he heard seemed real.

他听到的声音似乎是真实的。

But they did not actually exist.

但它们实际上并不存在。

Doctors advised Ron to take a series of different medicines.

医生建议罗恩服用一系列不同的药物。

They said he would feel better.

他们说他会感觉好一些。

But Ron’s mental state did not improve.

但罗恩的精神状态并没有改善。

The voices were still as loud as before.

那些声音仍然像以前一样响亮。

He found it difficult to deal with life.

他觉得很难应付生活。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
alcohol ['ælkəhɔl]

想一想再看

n. 酒精,乙醇,酒

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 第1015期:争取和平的战士(3) 2023-08-30
  • 第1016期:争取和平的战士(4) 2023-08-31
  • 第1018期:幻听(2) 2023-09-07
  • 第1019期:幻听(3) 2023-09-13
  • 第1020期:幻听(4) 2023-09-14
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。