Ser Loras is a Tyrell, Sansa reminded herself.
好在洛拉斯爵士是提利尔家的人,珊莎提醒自己,
That other knight was only a Toyne.
从前那位骑士不过属于托因家族——
His brothers had no armies, no way to avenge him but with swords.
他的亲戚们没有军队,除非暗杀,否则无法为他复仇。
Yet the more she thought about it all, the more she wondered.
话虽这么说,可她越深入地想下去,就越觉困惑。
Joff might restrain himself for a few turns, perhaps as long as a year,
一年半载,乔佛里或能克制,
but soon or late he will show his claws, and when he does …
但时间一长,迟早会露出狐狸尾巴,到时候……
The realm might have a second Kingslayer, and there would be war inside the city,
说不定会出现第二个弑君者,说不定会有第二场王位战争,
as the men of the lion and the men of the rose made the gutters run red.
狮子和玫瑰将疆场交兵。
Sansa was surprised that Margaery did not see it too.
珊莎很吃惊玛格丽竟没预见到这一点。
She is older than me, she must be wiser.
她比我年长,比我睿智,
And her father, Lord Tyrell, he knows what he is doing, surely.
而她父亲提利尔大人的考虑肯定比我更周到。
I am just being silly.
我不过在穷操心,犯傻罢了。
When she told Ser Dontos that she was going to Highgarden to marry Willas Tyrell, she thought he would be relieved and pleased for her.
她把去高庭和维拉斯·提利尔结婚的消息告诉唐托斯爵士,以为对方会感到欣慰,为她高兴,
Instead he had grabbed her arm and said,
不料弄臣骑士却一把抓住她的手臂,
“You cannot!” in a voice as thick with horror as with wine.
“不行!”他的声音里带着醉意,也充满惊恐。
“I tell you, these Tyrells are only Lannisters with flowers.
“我告诉您,可怜的琼琪,提利尔家的人和兰尼斯特完全是一丘之貉,毫无二致。
I beg of you, forget this folly, give your Florian a kiss, and promise you’ll go ahead as we have planned.
求求您咧,千万别理会这种傻事,给您的佛罗理安一个幸运之吻吧,并保证自己会按计划去做。
The night of Joffrey’s wedding, that’s not so long, wear the silver hair net and do as I told you, and afterward we make our escape.”
就在乔佛利的新婚之夜,没有几天了,到时候记得戴上银色发网,然后我们回家。”
He tried to plant a kiss on her cheek.
他凑过来吻她的脸。
Sansa slipped from his grasp and stepped away from him.
珊莎挣脱抓握,退到远处。
“I won’t. I can’t.
“不,我不走,
Something would go wrong.
会惹麻烦的。
When I wanted to escape you wouldn’t take me, and now I don’t need to.”
想逃的时候你不带我,现在我不需要了。”
Dontos stared at her stupidly.
唐托斯呆呆地瞪着她。
“But the arrangements are made, sweetling.
“一切都安排好了,亲爱的琼琪。
The ship to take you home, the boat to take you to the ship, your Florian did it all for his sweet Jonquil.”
载你回家的大船,带你上船的小舟,您的佛罗理安为您把一切都安好了。”
“I am sorry for all the trouble I put you to,” she said, “but I have no need of boats and ships now.”
“我很抱歉给你带来这么多麻烦,”她说,“但我现在不需要大船和小舟。”
“But it’s all to see you safe.”
“一切都是为保证您的安全啊。”
“I will be safe in Highgarden.
“我在高庭有维拉斯的保护,
Willas will keep me safe.”
会很安全。”
“But he does not know you,” Dontos insisted, “and he will not love you.
“噢,别傻了,他不认识您,”唐托斯坚持,“也不爱您。
Jonquil, Jonquil, open your sweet eyes, these Tyrells care nothing for you.
噢,琼琪啊,我亲爱的琼琪,请睁开您可爱的眼睛吧,提利尔家的人根本就不关心您,
It’s your claim they mean to wed.”
他们盘算的是您的继承权。”
“My claim?”
“我的继承权?”
She was lost for a moment.
她有些困惑。
“Sweetling,” he told her, “you are heir to Winterfell.”
“亲爱的,”他告诉她,“您是临冬城的继承人。”
He grabbed her again, pleading that she must not do this thing, and Sansa wrenched free and left him swaying beneath the heart tree.
他再次抓住她,恳求她不要这么做。珊莎则再次挣脱,并留他独自一人在心树下徘徊。
She had not visited the godswood since.
从此以后,她再没去过神木林。
But she had not forgotten his words, either.
但她没有忘记他的话。
The heir to Winterfell, she would think as she lay abed at night.
临冬城的继承人,她夜里躺在床上反复思量,
It’s your claim they mean to wed. Sansa had grown up with three brothers.
他们盘算的是你的继承权。珊莎有三个兄弟,
She never thought to have a claim, but with Bran and Rickon dead …
从未想过自己会有继承权,可现在布兰和瑞肯已死……
It doesn’t matter, there’s still Robb, he’s a man grown now, and soon he’ll wed and have a son.
没关系,还有罗柏,他是成年人了,很快就会结婚生子。
Anyway, Willas Tyrell will have Highgarden, what would he want with Winterfell?
而且不管怎么说,维拉斯·提利尔已经有了高庭,还要临冬城作什么呢?