手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第129期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 艾莉亚(02)

编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Only six Winterfell men remained of the twenty her father had sent west with Beric Dondarrion, Harwin told her, and they were scattered.

哈尔温告诉她,当初由父亲派出,随贝里·唐德利恩伯爵制裁格雷果爵士的二十名临冬城侍卫后来只活了六个,而且还都走散了。

“It was a trap, milady.

“那是个陷阱,小姐。

Lord Tywin sent his Mountain across the Red Fork with fire and sword, hoping to draw your lord father.

泰温公爵派魔山越过红叉河来杀人放火,希望能引出您父亲大人。

He planned for Lord Eddard to come west himself to deal with Gregor Clegane.

他料定艾德公爵会亲自西进对付格雷果·克里冈。

If he had he would have been killed, or taken prisoner and traded for the Imp, who was your lady mother’s captive at the time.

如果他这么做了,他早就被杀了,或者被抓去交换小恶魔了,那是你母亲夫人当时的俘虏。

Only the Kingslayer never knew Lord Tywin’s plan,

好在弑君者不知泰温公爵的计划,

and when he heard about his brother’s capture he attacked your father in the streets of King’s Landing.”

听说弟弟被抓的消息后,即刻就在君临城中当街攻击您父亲。”

“I remember,” said Arya.

“我记得那件事,”艾莉亚说,

“He killed Jory.”

“他把乔里杀了。”

Jory had always smiled at her, when he wasn’t telling her to get from underfoot.

除了少数被她惹火的时候,乔里对她总是笑口常开。

“He killed Jory,” Harwin agreed, “and your father’s leg was broken when his horse fell on him.

“他杀了乔里,”哈尔温赞同,“还用马撞倒你父亲,撞断了他的腿,

So Lord Eddard couldn’t go west.

因此艾德大人无法亲自出动,

He sent Lord Beric instead, with twenty of his own men and twenty from Winterfell, me among them.

只好派贝里大人去,但为对方增派了二十名临冬城的侍卫,我便是其中之一。

There were others besides.

去的人还包括

Thoros and Ser Raymun Darry and their men, Ser Gladden Wylde, a lord named Lothar Mallery.

索罗斯、雷蒙·戴瑞爵士、葛拉登·威尔德爵士以及一个叫罗沙·马勒里的男爵。

But Gregor was waiting for us at the Mummer’s Ford, with men concealed on both banks.

格雷果在戏子滩等着我们,人马埋伏在两岸,

As we crossed he fell upon us from front and rear.

只待我们过河,便从前后两方发动攻击。”

“I saw the Mountain slay Raymun Darry with a single blow so terrible that it took Darry’s arm off at the elbow and killed the horse beneath him too.

“我亲眼目睹魔山一击就杀死雷蒙·戴瑞,那一击实在太可怕,不仅把戴瑞的手臂连肘砍断,还毙了他胯下的马。

Gladden Wylde died there with him, and Lord Mallery was ridden down and drowned.

葛拉登·威尔德也战死在那儿,马勒里男爵则撞在河中淹死。

We had lions on every side, and I thought I was doomed with the rest,

狮子从四面八方围过来,我以为自己铁定没命,

but Alyn shouted commands and restored order to our ranks, and those still ahorse rallied around Thoros and cut our way free.

危急时刻,埃林大声发号施令,恢复了秩序。我们群聚在索罗斯周围,冲出一条血路。

Six score we’d been that morning.

出发时的一百二十人中,

By dark no more than two score were left, and Lord Beric was gravely wounded.

到天黑只剩不到四十个,贝里伯爵也身负重伤。

Thoros drew a foot of lance from his chest that night, and poured boiling wine into the hole it left.

那天晚上,索罗斯从他胸口拔出一尺长的枪头,将煮沸的葡萄酒灌进空洞里。”

“Every man of us was certain his lordship would be dead by daybreak.

“我们每个人都确信天亮时伯爵大人会死,

But Thoros prayed with him all night beside the fire, and when dawn came, he was still alive, and stronger than he’d been.

但索罗斯在火堆边陪他祈祷了一整夜,黎明时,他竟活了过来,而且比前晚更强壮。

It was a fortnight before he could mount a horse, but his courage kept us strong.

虽然再过两个星期才能骑马,但他的勇气鼓舞了我们。

He told us that our war had not ended at the Mummer’s Ford, but only begun there, and that every man of ours who’d fallen would be avenged tenfold.

他说,戏子滩不是结束,而是开始,每一位牺牲者,都将获得十倍的复仇。”

“By then the fighting had passed by us.

“当时我们无法再战。

The Mountain’s men were only the van of Lord Tywin’s host.

魔山只是泰温公爵的前锋,

They crossed the Red Fork in strength and swept up into the riverlands, burning everything in their path.

随后兰尼斯特军队便大举越过红叉河,席卷三河流域,途中烧杀掳掠。

We were so few that all we could do was harry their rear,

我们人少,只能骚扰对方,

but we told each other that we’d join up with King Robert when he marched west to crush Lord Tywin’s rebellion.

但彼此承诺,等劳勃国王西征,镇压泰温公爵的叛乱,便起兵与之汇合。

Only then we heard that Robert was dead, and Lord Eddard as well, and Cersei Lannister’s whelp had ascended the Iron Throne.

后来传来的消息却是劳勃死了,艾德公爵也死了,瑟曦·兰尼斯特的小崽子登上铁王座。”

“That turned the whole world on its head.

“整个世界颠倒失序。

We’d been sent out by the King’s Hand to deal with outlaws, you see, but now we were the outlaws, and Lord Tywin was the Hand of the King.

你瞧,我们是御前首相派去对付叛徒的队伍,到头来自己竟成了叛徒,而泰温公爵当上御前首相。

There was some wanted to yield then, but Lord Beric wouldn’t hear of it.

有些人想请求招安,但贝里伯爵不同意。

We were still king’s men, he said, and these were the king’s people the lions were savaging.

‘我们是国王的人,’他如此声明,‘而狮子们残害着国王的子民。

If we could not fight for Robert, we would fight for them, until every man of us was dead.

若不能为劳勃而战,就为他们而战,至死方休。’

And so we did, but as we fought something queer happened.

我们就是这么做的,日子一天天过去,奇怪的事逐渐发生。

For every man we lost, two showed up to take his place.

我们每损失一个,就会出现更多人顶替他的位置。

A few were knights or squires, of gentle birth, but most were common men—fieldhands and fiddlers and innkeeps, servants and shoemakers, even two septons.

有些是骑士或侍从,出身名门世家,但多数是平民,包括农民、提琴手、客栈老板、仆人、鞋匠,甚至还有两个修士。

Men of all sorts, and women too, children, dogs …”

形形色色的男人,女人,孩子,狗……”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
yield [ji:ld]

想一想再看

n. 生产量,投资收益
v. 生产,屈服,投降

 
concealed [kən'si:ld]

想一想再看

adj. 隐蔽的,隐匿的

 
rebellion [ri'beljən]

想一想再看

n. 谋反,叛乱,反抗

联想记忆
trap [træp]

想一想再看

n. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车
v. 设

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
doomed [dumd]

想一想再看

adj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词

 
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
elbow ['elbəu]

想一想再看

n. 手肘,急弯,扶手
v. 用手肘推开,推挤

联想记忆
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。