Phrasal verbs. I know your reaction might be something similar to...
词组动词,我知道你可能有这种反应。
But don't worry. I got you.
但别担心,我懂你。
Mini English Lessons
迷你英语课
I know that phrasal verbs can be confusing at times because they can have different meanings depending on the context.
我知道有时候词组动词会把人搞糊涂,因为在不同语境下会有不同的意思。
So today we're going to go through three phrasal verbs,
所以今天我们来看看三个词组动词,
and we're going to talk about the different meanings that they might have.
看看它们有哪些不同意思。
Number one, take off.
第一个,take off。
It can mean to remove something, to depart or leave, or to go on holiday.
它可以表示脱掉、出发或离开、休假。
For example, before entering a home, you need to take off your shoes.
比如,进入家里之前,需要脱掉鞋子。
Our flight took off on time.
我们的飞机正点起飞。
I'm gonna take two weeks off in July to go olive picking in the Tuscan hills. Can't wait.
我在7月要休两个星期的假,去托斯卡纳山区摘橄榄,简直等不及了。
Phrasal verb number two, take up.
第二个词组动词,take up。
It can mean to occupy space or time.
它可以表示占据空间或时间。
For example, my makeup products take up my entire room.
比如,我的化妆品占据了整个房间。
Or you going on a rant right now is taking up a lot of my time.
或者,你现在说个不停,占用了我的很多时间。
Can you please wrap up?
你能停下来吗?
It can also mean to become interested in something.
take up也可以表示对某事感兴趣。
For example, I took up skiing as a hobby.
比如,我把滑雪作为兴趣爱好。
And my personal favourite is number three, to take out.
我最喜欢的是第三个词组动词:take out。
I just want someone to take me out.
我很想有人能带我出去。
Like, on a date? Or, like, by a hit man?
你是说约会?还是说杀手?
Honestly, whatever at this point.
说实话,什么都可以。
This is funny because to take out can have two very different meanings.
这很有趣,因为take out有两个很不同的意思。
It can either mean to invite someone out on a date or to kill, sorry, I mean, unalive someone.
它可以表示邀请某人去约会,也可以表示杀死某人,对不起,我是说夺走生命。
Use this phrasal verb with caution.
用这个词组的时候要小心。
Those were three phrasal verbs with totally different meanings.
这是三个意思完全不一样的词组动词。
Consider the context in order to understand the phrasal verbs.
要理解词组动词的意思,一定要考虑语境。
I hope this episode didn't take you out.
希望这个视频没有让你们累垮。