Conversation Two.
对话二
Man: Marketing. Joe speaking.
男:市场部乔。
Woman: Hi Joe. Is Jamie there?
女:嗨,乔。吉米在吗?
Man: No, sorry. He's got a day off today. Can I help?
男:不好意思,他不在。他今天休息一天。我能帮忙吗?
Woman: I need to leave him an urgent message. This is Alice from Product Development.
女:我要给他留个紧急信息。我是产品开发部的艾丽斯。
Man: OK Alice. Go ahead.
男:好的,艾丽斯。说吧。
Woman: It's about the advertising campaign Jamie's working on for the new Trimco HP-four.
女:是关于吉米负责的新Trimco HP-4做广告的事。
Man: Right, got that. Is something wrong? You sound worried.
男:好,明白了。有什么问题吗?你听起来很担心。
Woman: I am. The quality control people have turned up some serious defects across a significant number of units.
女:是的。质量控制人员在大量的产品中发现了一些严重的缺陷。
Man: Oh no. So what's being done about it?
男:哦,不。那么我们现在要怎么处理呢?
Woman: The production department have got their best people working on it, but it means we won't be able to meet the target for the European launch that was supposed to be next month.
女:生产部有最优秀的人在处理,但这意味着我们无法完成原定下个月在欧洲推出的目标。
Man: Next month! That's close.
男:下个月!就快了。
Woman: It certainly is. There's an emerging plan to try to save the programme, and they've set up a task force based in Berlin. I'm part of it, so I've got to go out there.
女:的确是。有一个新计划试图挽救这个项目,他们在柏林成立了一个特别小组。我是其中的组员,所以我必须离开。
Man: Right. I'll tell Jamie.
男:好的。我会告诉吉米。
Woman: Good. I'll be in touch as soon as I can, but he must try to hold everything for now.
女:好。我会尽快与他联系,但他现在必须设法把一切都安排妥当。
Man: OK. Good luck.
男:好吧。祝你好运。
Woman: Thanks. I'll need it.
女:谢谢。我很需要。