Depends on what you mean by real quick.
那要看你说的快是什么意思。
Well, just a haircut then.
哦,就简单剪个发。
OK. I don't believe I've seen you before.
没问题。我们以前好像没有见过面。
No. They're changing the oil in my car across the street.
没有。他们在街对面正给我的车加油,
Thought I'd step in here and get a haircut. Get it out of the way before I get to Hollywood. How many miles is it?
我想正好趁没到好莱坞之前把头发给理了。这儿离好莱坞还有多远?
About two hundred straight down the highway. You can't miss it.
沿公路一直往南大约200英里,你不会错过的。
What town is this? O.K.-by-the-Sea.
这个镇叫什么?海边满意镇。
What do the people do here?
这里的人都以什么谋生?
Well, I cut hair.
我给人理发,
Friend of mine named Wozzeck repairs watches, radios, alarm clocks, and sells jewelry. Imitation stuff mainly.
我有位叫沃采克的朋友,他修表、收音机、闹钟,还卖首饰,大多数是仿制品。
Factory here? Farms? Fishing?
这里有工厂、农庄、渔业吗?
No. Just the few stores on the highway, the houses further back in the hills, the church, and the school. You a salesman?
都没有。只有沿公路几家商店,后面山里有些住宅,还有教堂和学校。你是位推销员吗?
No, I'm a writer.
不是,我是个作家。
What do you write?
你写什么?
A little bit of everything. How about the haircut?
什么都写点儿。怎么样?给我剪发吧!
You got to be in Hollywood tonight?
你今晚得到好莱坞吗?
I don't have to be anywhere tonight, but that was the idea. Why?
我今晚不必赶到任何地方。不过是打算到好莱坞。你问这干什么?
Well, I've always said a writer could stop in a place like this, watch things a little while, and get a whole book out of it, or a play.
呃,我一直都说作家可以在我们这样的地方停下来,观察一段时间,然后就写本书或 剧本出来。
Or if he was a poet, a sonnet.
如果是位诗人,就写出一首十四行诗来。
Do you like Shakespeare's?
你喜欢莎士比亚的十四行诗吗?
They're just about the best in English.
那差不多是英语里最棒的诗了。