Mary: Good morning, Ken!
玛丽:早上好,肯!
Ken: Good morning, Mary! You look tired. What's wrong with you?
肯:早上好,玛丽!你看起来很累,怎么了?
Mary: Ken, I hate to bring this up, but that new stereo system you got ...
玛丽:肯,我本来不想提这件事,但你买的新音响……
Ken: Yeah?
肯:嗯?
Mary: You were playing it very late last night.
玛丽:你昨晚放音乐放到很晚。
Ken: Yes, some of my friends and I were having a party.
肯:嗯,我和一些朋友在聚会。
Mary: It kept me awake.
玛丽:我一直睡不着觉。
Ken: Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know how that could have happened.
肯:哦,我很抱歉,我不知道会发生这样的事。
Mary: Actually, it kept me awake for a couple of hours.
玛丽:实际上,它吵得我几个小时都没有睡着。
Ken: I'm awfully sorry. I ... I didn't realize it was that loud.
肯:实在对不住,我……我没有意识到它有这么吵。
Mary: It was quite loud, and it was pretty late. I've got to get up early in the morning, so I thought I'd better talk to you.
玛丽:真的很吵,而且又很晚了。我早上得早起,所以我觉得最好还是和你说一下。
Ken: I owe you an apology for what I did last night. It simply didn't occur to me that it was bothering you. I promise I'll keep it down in the future.
肯:针对昨晚的所作所为,我该向你道歉。我没有意识到我会打扰你,我保证以后会小点声的。
Mary: It's OK. You know, it only happened once.
玛丽:没关系,你知道的,这种情况就发生过一次。
Ken: I'm glad we've straightened everything out.
肯:很高兴我们解决了这件事情。