Part I: Listening Comprehension
第一部分:听力理解
Section A: In this section, you will hear five short conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第一节:在本节中,你将听到五段短对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a twenty-second pause.
每段对话后有20秒钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
1.I have a question. I’m never quite sure where to sit during a business meeting.
1.我有一个问题。在商务会议上,我总是不太确定该坐在哪里。
The ancient Chinese art “Feng Shui” teaches that you should never sit with the door behind you—and actually there’s a scientific reason for that.
中国古代艺术“风水”告诉我们,你永远不要背门而坐——事实上,这是有科学依据的。
When a person’s back is placed towards an open space he becomes stressed; his blood pressure increases and his heart beats faster.
当一个人的背部朝向开阔的空间时,他会感到紧张;他的血压会升高,心跳会加快。
That makes sense! People subconsciously worry about getting attacked if they don’t know what’s going on behind them.
有道理!如果人们不知道他们背后发生了什么,他们会下意识地担心他们会受到攻击。
2.Many famous people discovered important things when they were just sitting silently by themselves...you know the story about Isaac Newton, right?
2.许多名人在自己静静地坐着时发现了重要的事情……你知道艾萨克·牛顿的故事吧?
Yes. He came up with the theory of gravity while sitting in a field and seeing an apple fall from a tree.
是的。当他坐在田野里看到一个苹果从树上掉下来时,他想到了万有引力理论。
He probably wouldn’t have had time to think about gravity if he was talking on his cell phone.
如果他当时在用手机打电话,他可能不会有时间想到万有引力理论。
Anyway, I really hope they don’t allow cell phones on planes.
不管怎样,我真的希望在飞机上不允许使用手机。
We need a few last places without cell phones!
我们需要最后几个没有手机的地方!
3.Hey, Cory, did you hear about the break-in?
3.嘿,科里,你听说入室盗窃的事了吗?
No! Burglars broke in?
没有!窃贼破门而入了吗?
Did they steal anything valuable?
他们偷了什么值钱的东西吗?
Actually, they might have gotten quite a bit of valuable information.
事实上,他们可能已经获得了很多有价值的信息。
But it wasn’t thieves,it was online hackers.
但这不是小偷,而是网络黑客。
Somebody broke into our computer system!
有人闯入了我们的电脑系统!
4.Let’s get some organic vegetables.
4.我们买些有机蔬菜吧。
My sister Amy says they really do taste better.
我妹妹艾米说,它们的味道更好。
Maybe, but they’re also more expensive.
也许吧,但它们也更贵。
I was talking to Jason at work about this.
我在工作的时候和杰森谈过这件事。
I mean, yeah, he buys organic food, but his salary is also much higher than mine.
我是说,是的,他买有机食品,但他的工资也比我高得多。
OK, let’s do this.
好吧,我们开始吧。
We’ll get some organic tomatoes, just to give them a try.
我们要买一些有机西红柿试一试。
Then we’ll see how we like them and go from there.
然后看看我们喜欢不喜欢,再做决定。
5.So how much coffee do you drink, George?
5.乔治,你喝多少咖啡?
I drink increasing amounts as I get older, I think.
我想,随着年龄的增长,我喝咖啡的量也在增加。
I drink probably five cups a day.
我一天大概喝五杯。
Do we have to drink it black to appreciate it properly?
我们必须喝黑咖啡才能正确地品尝咖啡吗?
It depends on your taste, I think.
我觉得这取决于你的品味。
True experts would probably drink it black, and I drink it black.
真正的专家可能会喝黑咖啡,我也喝黑咖啡。