Section B: In this section, you will hear two long conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第二节:在本节中,你将听到两段长对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a one-minute pause.
每段对话后有1分钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the questions and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
Conversation One
对话一
Hi, Marcos, what are you doing next Thursday?
嗨,马科斯,你下周四要做什么?
And your brother too...is he around?
还有你哥哥......他在吗?
Erm...my brother is staying with friends next week...but I’m not doing anything. Why?
嗯……我哥哥下周要和朋友住在一起……但我没什么事情做。怎么了?
Well, I’m having a meal at my house to celebrate Thanksgiving and I’d really like you to come join us.
我要在家里吃饭庆祝感恩节,我真的希望你能加入我们。
Oh, thanks, I’d love to!
哦,谢谢,我很乐意去!
That’s very kind of you!
你真是太好了!
I’ve never been to a Thanksgiving meal before.
我以前从来没吃过感恩节大餐。
It’s an important festival here, isn’t it?
这是这里的一个重要节日,不是吗?
Yes...and I’m going to cook roast turkey!
是的......我要做烤火鸡!
Thanksgiving is all about the food...well...really just getting together with family and friends and having a lovely dinner.
感恩节是有关食物的……嗯……就是和家人朋友聚在一起,吃一顿美味的晚餐。
Sometimes, after the dinner, people go out for a walk or something, but mostly, they just sit around and watch TV together.
有时,晚饭后,人们会出去散步或做其他事情,但大多数时候,他们只是坐在一起看电视。
Mmm...And what about presents and things?
嗯……那礼物呢?
Is it a time when you give presents to people, like at Christmas or...?
它像圣诞节或……一样是你给别人送礼物的时候吗?
Emm...no, not really.
嗯……不,不尽然。
It’s a big and important celebration but it isn’t commercial.
它是一个盛大而重要的庆祝节日,但不是商业性的。
People don't usually buy lots of presents or anything.
人们通常不会买很多礼物或其他东西。
There’re some big public celebrations like the Macy’s Parade in New York...but for most people, it's just a time for giving thanks, and getting together with family and friends and eating turkey!
有一些大型的公共庆祝活动,比如纽约的梅西感恩节大游行……但对大多数人来说,这只是一个表达谢意,与家人朋友聚在一起吃火鸡的日子!