Conversation Two
对话二
There’s a big headline tonight about modern health.
今晚有一条关于现代健康的头条新闻。
Forty-three million people are taking some kind of aspirin every day to prevent heart attacks and strokes, but now the leading medical journal JAMA says there’s evidence that daily aspirin could be linked with a small increase in macular degeneration which can cause blindness.
4300万人每天服用某种阿司匹林来预防心脏病和中风,但现在主要的医学杂志《美国医学会杂志》称,有证据表明,每天服用阿司匹林可能与视网膜黄斑部变性的小幅增加有关,视网膜黄斑部变性可能会导致失明。
There’re lots of questions...
有很多问题......
Tonight ABC’s chief medical editor Dr. Richard Besser is here.
今晚,美国广播公司首席医学编辑理查德·贝瑟博士也在现场。
So what exactly does this study show?
这项研究到底说明了什么呢?
Well, it is a study out of stray.
这是一项切题的研究。
They looked 2,400 people for 15 years and found that aspirin doubled your risk of macular degeneration which, as you said, causes blindness.
他们对2400人进行了15年的观察,发现阿司匹林使视网膜黄斑部变性的风险增加了一倍,正如你所说,视网膜黄斑部变性会导致失明。
The risk is small.
几率很小。
It’s only 3.5%, but if you add that to all we know about aspirin causing internal bleeding, you really need to make sure you’re someone who’s gonna benefit from being on aspirin.
虽然只有3.5%,但如果加上我们所知道的阿司匹林导致内出血的情况,你真的需要确定你是一个能从服用阿司匹林中受益的人。
So all the people who're being given aspirin, who take aspirin, think it’s for their health, where do you start today, what do you ask your doctor when you are going?
因此,所有被给予和服用阿司匹林的人都认为这是为了他们的健康,如若从健康的角度出发,你会问你的医生什么?
Well, I mean, clearly if you have a heart attack or stroke, it can be life-saving.
我的意思是,很明显,如果你心脏病发作或中风,它可以拯救生命。
So you need to be on that drug.
所以你需要服用那种药物。
Then the next thing, if you’re at high risk, so to find that out.
再就是,如果你处于高危状态,那就找出原因。
Did someone in your family have a heart attack or a stroke at an early age, or do you have other risk factors like smoking, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes?
你的家人是否在很小的时候就有过心脏病或中风,或者你是否有其他危险因素,如吸烟、高胆固醇、高血压、糖尿病?
If you have those, your doctor can actually tell you what your risk would be if you were having a heart attack.
如果你有这些,你的医生实际上可以告诉你,你心脏病发作的可能性是多少。
The bottom line is if you’re at low risk, you don’t want to be on the drug that can cause problems.
底线是,如果你心脏病发作的可能性很低,你不会想服用可能会导致问题的药物。
And you’re telling me even the tiny aspirin, that’s still aspirin.
你告诉我即使是很小的阿司匹林,那也是阿司匹林。
That’s right. It can cause problems.
没错。它可能会导致问题。
OK, thank you, Richard Besser.
好的,谢谢你,理查德·贝瑟。