手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 口译笔译 > 英汉翻译素材 > 文学翻译 > 正文

文学作品翻译:周瓒-《窗外》英译

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Outside the Window

《窗外》

Often, I imagine lifting my head from the page.

我时常想象自己抬起头,从书页上
I imagine seeing a fraction of the sea,
我想象自己,看到了一片海
its field of blue, beyond the window's edge.
有蓝色的液体,游过窗棂
But all I glimpse is one small part of the ocean.
但我所能领受的,只是一小片海域
So I say to myself, that's not
我告诉自己,那从来就不是
its full depth or expanse—
全部的深广,况且
besides, I'm sitting in one place.
我坐在一个固定的地方
It alerts me, imagination has limits.
它提醒我,想象,也不能是无限的
I know it, too, must begin somewhere;
想象有一个天然的出发点
perhaps it has the freedom
也许它有自由
of the sea bird's wings—
如海鸟一样的翅膀
like those our soul covets—
而我们的心灵能够
offering us breaches,
提供树枝
feeding our daydreams on a perched fulcrum
供白日的梦想,一个栖息的支点

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fulcrum ['fʌlkrəm]

想一想再看

n. 杠杆的支点,支点,[动物]转节

联想记忆
fraction ['frækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 分数,小部分,破片

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。