Lesson One
第一课
Guest Thinks Was Overcharged for a Call
客人认为被多收了电话费
G:I think there's a mistake on my phone bill.
旅客:我认为电话计费单搞错了。
C:Really?What seems to be the problem?
店员:是吗?请问是什么问题?
G:I was overcharged for a call to Germany.
旅客:我打往德国的电话被多计了费用。
I was charged for over an hour,but I know I didn't talk that long.
费用是按一个小时计算的,但是我并没有通那么长的话。
Almost it was about half an hour to 45 minutes.
最多是半个小时至45分钟的时间。
C:If you'd like.
店员:如果您愿意,
I can get the meter reading for the call from the operator so you can check it
我可以到电话总机处取电话计时表,以提供您核查
so you can have a look at it.
您可以查看一下。
G:Yes,please.I'd like to see it.
旅客:好的,请你去取,我想看看。
C:Okay.I'll get it for you.
店员:好的。我给您取来。
Could you check back with us tomorrow?
您能否明天再来一趟?行吗?
Lesson Two
第二课
Guest Refuses to Acknowledge Meter Reading
客人拒绝接受电话计时表的记录
G:There's a mistake here.
旅客:这里弄错了。
C:Really?
店员:是吗?
Can you show me,please? What seems to be the mistake?
您能指给我看吗?请问是什么错误?
G:I was charged for an hour for a phone call I made to Japan
旅客:我打往日本的一个长途电话是按一个小时计费的,
but I talked for only nine minutes.
但是我只通了9分钟的话。
I don't know why I was charged for an hour.Please correct this charge.
我不知道为什么是按一个小时计费的,请改正这笔费用。
C:I'll get the meter reading from the operator and we can check it together.
店员:我可以去拿一下电话总机的长途电话流水表,我们一起核查。
Could you come back tomorrow sometime?
您明天再来一下,行吗?
G:I'd really like to settle this today.I'm going out of town tomorrow.
旅客:我想今天解决这件事。我准备明天外出。
C:All right.
店员:好吧,
How about if I call you in your room as soon as I get the records together?
那么我一拿到流水表就给您房间打电话,行吗?
Will you be in your room this afternoon?
您今天下午在房间吗?
G:I'll be in and out this afternoon.But never mind,just keep trying,okay?
旅客:我下午会经常出去。不过没关系,试试打电话过来,好吗?
C:All right.(Later...)
店员:好吧。(后来...)
C:Hello,Mr.Cruthers?
店员:你好,是Cruthers先生吗?
G:Speaking.
旅客:是我。
C:This is the Finance Department.
店员:这是财务部。
We have the meter reading for the phone call in question.
我们已经拿到了有问题的长途电话流水表,
Would you like to come down and see it?
您愿意下楼来看看吗?
G:Okay.I'm a little busy right now.I'll be down in about an hour,okay?
旅客:好的,我现在有点事,我一小时左右下楼,行吗?
C:That's fine.See you then.
店员:那好吧,一会儿见。
G:Hello.Mr.Cruthers.
旅客:你好,Cruthers先生。
Here's the meter reading for the phone calls made on March 12.
这是3月12日的长途电话流水表,
This is your call to Japan.
这是您打往日本的电话,
This is the starting time and the time you hung up the phone.
这是您打的时间,
This is the number you called.
这是您打的电话号码。
G:But this is impossible.I talked only a few minutes,really.
旅客:但是,这不可能。我只通了几分钟的话,是真的。
I don't know why,but this is wrong.
我不知道为什么会出现这样的错误记录。
C:It's possible you didn't hang up your phone properly.
店员:可能是您没有挂好电话听筒。
If the receiver was ajar,the line would not have been disconnected.
如果没有放好听筒,通话的线路就不会被截断。
G:(silent a moment)Well,I don't know what to say,
旅客:(沉默片刻)好吧,我不知道该如何表达,
but it doesn't seem right to have to pay for a phone call I didn't make.
但是没有打过电话而要付电话费是不公平的。
C:I'm sorry,sir.I understand.
对不起,先生。我非常理解你,
But the fact is the records show you did make this call,
但是记录表上显示,你的确打了这个电话,
so I'm afraid you are responsible to pay for it.
很对不起,您必须付费。
G:Hmm...I'm sorry.I just can't agree.I believe your records are wrong.
旅客:嗯......很遗憾,我不能同意。我认为你们的记录是错误的,
I refuse to pay for this call.
所以我拒绝付这个电话费。
I mean I'll pay for how long I talked,which was ten minutes.
我的意思是说,我只付10分钟的电话费,
I'll even pay for fifteen minutes and give you the benefit of the doubt,
我甚至可以付15分钟的费用,为了消除你们的疑点,
although I didn't talk for fifteen minutes.
虽然我并没有打15分钟的电话
I distinctly remember timing the call,
我的的确确还记得这个电话的计时
and it was exactly nine minutes.But I will not pay for an hour.
确实是9分钟。但是,我不同意支付一小时的电话费。
I never in my life made an overseas call for an hour.
我还从来没有打过一小时的越洋电话。
So the mistake is your mistake and I'm afraid
所以出现的错误是属于饭店的错误,很对不起,
I'm just not willing to pay for your mistake
我不原意支付由于你们的错误而造成的任何费用。
C:In that case,I think perhaps you'd better talk to our manager about this.
如果这样的话,我想你最好和我们的经理商谈一下此事。
I don't have the authority to remove the charge without her approval.
不经过她的允许,我无权减掉这笔费用。
G:That's fine.
旅客:那好吧。
C:Just a moment,please.I'll get her.
请稍等,我去找她。
G:Mr.Cruthers,this is Mary Ma,the assistant manager of the Finance Department...
旅客:Cruthers先生,这是Mary Ma,是财务部的经理助理......
Lesson Three
第三课
Explaining Charge for Call that Never Went through
向客人解释没有打通电话收费的原因
G:There seems to be a mistake here on my phone bill.
旅客:我的电话账单好像搞错了。
I did try to make a phone call to Malaysia on this date,but I never got through.
在这天,我确实想要往马来西亚打一个电话,但是没有打通。
I was charged for one minute,but I never talked to anyone.
张单上却记录了一分钟的费用,可是我并没有和任何人通话。
C:Yes,I see.I can explain that.
店员:是的,我明白。我可以给您解释一下。
I'm afraid there is a charge just for using the overseas line
这是收取越洋电话线路的费用,
even if you don't get through/even if the call doesn't go through.
即使您没有打通电话。
If you use the line for more than six seconds,the minimum charge is one minute.
如果您使用电话线路超过6秒钟,最低的费用是按一分钟计算的。
G:Wow.All right.I guess I'll have to pay it then.
旅客:噢,那好吧。我想我得付费了。
Explaining wiring Fee to the Guest
向客人解释电汇款手续费
G:I receive a letter
旅客:我收到一封信
about a handling charge for the transfer of funds for my rent.
关于房租划款手续的。
C:Yes.When your rental is wired from overseas,
店员:是的。当您的房租从国外电汇过来时,
the requested amount will usually be decreased by the wiring charge.
要求的数量通常要因交手续费而减少
This charge is deducted by the bank in your country that wired the money.
贵国的银行从电汇中扣除了部分手续。
So I'm afraid we didn't receive your rent payment in full.
所以,我们没有收到房租的全部金额。
G:I see.Well,I'll ask my company to include this wiring fee next time.
旅客:我明白了。好吧,我告诉公司下一次电汇款时要包括汇款手续费
C:(smiling )That's a good idea.
店员:(微笑)是个好主意。
In the meantime,how would you like to handle this charge?
不过现在,您希望如何处理这笔费用?
n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.