Lesson One
第一课
General Procedure
一般程序
G:I'd like to order an international newspaper.Is that possible?
旅客:我想订一份国际报纸,行吗?
R:Yes.Which paper would you like?
接待员:可以,您想订哪一种报纸?
G:What papers do you have available?
旅客:你们有哪几种报纸?
R:Here's a list (of the newspapers and magazines we can order for you).
接待员:这是一份证订目录(我们可以为您订的报纸和杂志)。
G:I don't see the New York Times on this list.
旅客:在证订目录上怎么没有(纽约时报)呢?
Is it possible to get the New York Times here?
能不能在这弄到《纽约时报》?
R:If it's not on the list,I'm not sure,but I'd be glad to check for you.
接待员:如果征订目录上没有,我就不能保证了,但是我可以给您差一下。
May I have your room number?
告诉我您的房间号码好吗?
G:2802.
旅客:2802。
R:2802.Okay.
接待员:2802房间,
I'll check for you and get back to you as soon as possible
好的,我可以给您查找并尽快给您送去
G:Hello,Mr.Cibatti?
旅客:您好,是Mr.Cibatti吗?
G:Yes?
旅客:什么事?
R:This is the Front Desk.I have good news for you.
接待员:这是前台。有您的好消息,
We are able to get the New York Times for you.
我们可以为您订到《纽约时报》。
When you have time,you can stop by the Front Desk to fill out the order form.or:
如果您有时间,顺便请到前台来填写预定单。或者:
G:Oh,never mind.Thanks anyway for trying.
旅客:喔,没关系,不管怎样,谢谢你们的努力。
I guess I'll order the Herald Tribune instead.
我想我可以改订《先驱论坛报》。
Lesson Two
第二课
Newspaper Is Late
报纸送晚了
G:Where's my Herald Tribune?
旅客:我的《先驱论坛报》怎么没来呢?
R:I'm sorry.None of the papers from Beijing arrived today.
接待员:对不起,今天从北京邮寄的报纸都没有到达。
It's probably because the weather's so bad,the flight didn't come through.
可能是由于天气不好,航班没到。
You'll get today's issue a day late,
今天的报纸您要晚一天拿到,
together with tomorrow's paper.I'm so sorry.
和明天的报纸一起收到。我们感到非常抱歉。
Lesson Three
第三课
Magazine Is Late
杂志送晚了
G:Where's my Time Magazine?I haven't received it for two weeks.
旅客:我的《时代》杂志到了吗?我已经有两周没有收到了?
R:I'm sorry; I'm not sure why.
接待员:对不起,我也不太清楚为什么。
I'll check on it for you and get back to you.
我为您查一下然后给您答复。