Lesson One
第一课
Laundry's Late
客房衣服送晚了
G:Where's my laundry
旅客:我的衣服洗好了吗?
It's 8:00 already and I haven't received my laundry yet.
已经8点了,我还没有收到洗好的衣服。
R:May I know your room number?
登记员:请问您的房间号码是多少?
G:3406.
旅客:3406。
R:When did you send it?
登记员:您是什么时候送洗的?
G:This morning.
旅客:今天早晨。
R:I'll check with Housekeeping to see if your laundry has come back yet.
登记员:我问一下客房部您的衣服是否已经洗好了,
I'll call you back shortly.
过一会儿我再给您回电话。
...Hello,Mr.McGregor?This is Reception.
......喂,您好,是McGergor先生吗?我是前台接待员
The Housekeepers are delivering the laundry right now.
客房服务员现在正在送洗熨好的衣服。
They will come to your room soon.We're sorry for the delay.
他们马上去您的房间。非常抱歉衣服送晚了。
Lesson Two
第二课
Housekeeper Didn't Pick Laundry Up
客房服务员没有取要送洗的衣服
G:The housekeeper never picked up my laundry today.
旅客:客房服务员今天根本就没有来取要送洗的衣服。
R:I'm very sorry.I'll send somebody to your room right away to pick it up.
登记员:非常对不起。我立即派人到您房间去取。
G:(angry)But I need these shirts washed for tomorrow!
旅客:(客人生气了)可是明天我要用这些衣服!
If I send them now they won't be ready for tomorrow,will they?
如果现在才送去洗,明天就来不及了,对吗?
R:No,I'm afraid not.
登记员:是的,恐怕来不及了。
G:Why didn't the housekeeper pick them up this morning like he was supposed to?
旅客:客房服务员今天早晨为什么没有取要送洗的衣服按规定他应该来取的。
R:I'm sorry,I'm not sure.Perhaps he forgot.
登记员:对不起,我不太清楚。可能是他忘了。
I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
对于给您带来的不便,我深感抱歉。
I'll speak to him about it.
我要和他说这件事。
Lesson Three
第三课
Missing One Piece of Laundry
丢失了送洗的衣服
R:Reception.
接待员:前台,你好。
G:Can you speak English?
旅客:你会讲英语吗?
R:No,just a moment,please.
接待员:不会,请你稍等一下。
R:Reception,may I help you?
接待员:前台接待,请问您有什么事吗?
G:Yes.I'm missing a shirt.
旅客:是的,我丢失了一件衬衫。
I sent three shirts today in the laundry and only two came back.
今天共送洗了三件衬衫,只送还了两件。
R:What's your room number,please?
接待员:请问您的房间号?
G:3208.
旅客:3208。
R:3208.Let me check with Housekeeping.
接待员:3208。让我和客房部/洗衣房核对一下,
I'll call you back shortly.
一会儿再给您打电话。
G:Hello?
旅客:喂,你好?
R:This is Reception.Your missing shirt will be delivered tomorrow.
接待员:这是前台接待员。您丢失的衬衫明天给您送去。
A housekeeper is on his way up to your room right now
马上有一名客房服务员去您的房间
with an IOU slip for the missing piece of laundry dry.
带着欠衣单,请您在单子上签字。
We're sorry for the inconvenience.
很抱歉给您带来不便。
Lesson Four
第四课
Sweater Shrunk
毛衣缩水了
G:Your laundry service shrank my sweater!
旅客:你们的洗衣服务部把我的毛衣洗缩水了!
R:I'm terribly sorry.
接待员:非常对不起。
I'll tell our manager about it and ask him to contact you.
我会将有关情况告诉我们的经理并且请他和您联系。