Time for Lunch
午餐时间
At a sidewalk cafe Kathy and Evan stop for lunch.
凯西和艾凡停在人行道旁的一家小馆吃午餐。
E:This is the life. Too bad we couldn't travel like this for the rest of our lives.
艾凡:这才是人生。很遗憾我们今后不能天天像这样子旅行。
K:Nah. I'd get bored with it.
凯西:不。天天这样旅行我会厌烦的。
E:Are you kidding? Why wouldn't you want to see the whole world?
艾凡:你在开玩笑吧?你为什么不想看看整个世界呢?
K:I would. But I also want to work, have a family, be with my friends,...
凯西:我想啊。但我也想工作、成家、和朋友们相聚……
E:Yeah, I get your point. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," but all play and no work would be weird, too.
艾凡:嗯,我懂妳的意思。“只工作不游戏使人乏味没生气”,但只游戏不工作也很怪异。
K:That's true. So, what are we having for lunch? Have you decided yet?
凯西:没错。那么,我们午餐吃什么呢?你决定了吗?
E:I think I'll try the soup du jour. It's probably a local style. I want to try local food. And the pickled herring platter looks good, too.
艾凡:我想我要试试本日特选汤。这也许是一道本地风味的料理。我想试试本地的食物。而这道腌鲱鱼盘看起来也不错。
K:All right. I'll have the fried chicken and coleslaw.
凯西:好吧。我要吃炸鸡和生菜沙拉。
E:Beverage of choice?
艾凡:要喝什么饮料?
K:Iced tea. And you'll have a beer, right?
凯西:冰茶。而你要喝啤酒,对吧?
E:Natch. I like their local Carlsberg. It's very refreshing.
艾凡:想当然耳。我喜欢当地的卡尔斯堡啤酒,非常提神解劳。
K:And dessert?
凯西:那么,甜点呢?
E:Let's wait to see how much the main course is. I don't want to be stuffed and keep on shopping.
艾凡:咱们待会儿看看主菜的量有多少再说吧。我不想撑着肚子继续购物。
K:Good point. Oh, waiter!
凯西:有道理。喂,服务生!