2.实用对话
Encouraging Someone鼓励
Emily: At the sports meeting today, which sport are you planning to participate in?
艾米丽:今天的运动会,你准备参加哪个项目?
Peter: I'm in the 400 meter relay. I'm really nervous.
彼得:我参加了400米接力赛。我真的好紧张。
Emily: Why so nervous?
艾米丽:怎么这么紧张呢?
Peter: I don't want to do badly and let my team-mates down.
彼得:我不想表现太差劲。而让我的队友失望。
Emily: I think you can do it. No need to worry. You've been practising hard and I'm sure you'1l win if you just focus.
艾米丽:我觉得你能行。没必要担心的。你一直都那么拼命地训练,我肯定只要你能集中注意力,一定会赢得比赛的。
Peter: You're right. I need to be confident. But the relay is a team sport and that requires cooperation.
彼得:你说得对,我应该有信心。但是接力赛是一个团体性项目,需要相互配合。
Emily: That means everyone should work together and try their hardest. You'll win or fail as a team, not just because of one
person.
艾米丽:这就意味着大家要相互协作,共同努力。你们将作为一个团队共同面对成功或失败,而不仅仅是一个人。
Peter: Yeah, I know, but I can't help but feel a little nervous anyway.
彼得:是啊,我知道,但我还是控制不住有一点儿紧张。
Emily: Show some courage! I'm sure your team will do fine and win. I believe in you, so you should too.
艾米丽:鼓起勇气来!我相信你们小组会表现得很出色而且最终能赢得比赛。我相信你,你也应该相信自己。
Peter: I know. We'll try our best. Thanks for your support. It really helps.
彼得:我知道,我们会尽最大努力的。谢谢你的支持,这对我帮助很大。
Emily: Besides, I'll be there watching and cheering you on.
艾米丽:还有,我会观看比赛并为你加油的。