Benjamin, do you know anything about buttons?
你对钮扣业知道多少?
Now, Button's Buttons has been in our family for 1 24 years.
巴顿钮扣厂是我的家族企业,祖传了124年。
My grandfather was a tailor. He had a small shop in Richmond.
我爷爷是个裁缝,他在里奇蒙开了家小店。
After the Civil War, he moved to New Orleans...
南北战争结束后搬到新奥尔良。
where my father had the wisdom to make our own buttons.
我父亲有先见之明开始做钮扣。
So with his help...
他把小小的裁缝店。
the tailor shop grew to this.
扩展到工厂。
And today, I can't sew a stitch.
现在我连绣粒钮扣都不会。
That's very, very interesting.
这真的很有意思。
You sure have done well for yourself.
你的事业非常成功。
So, what can I do for you, Mr. Button?
巴顿先生,我能帮你什么忙?
Benjamin...
班哲明。
you're my son.
你是我儿子。
I'm so sorry I never told you before.
很抱歉我一直没跟你说。
You were born the night the Great War ended.
你在一次大战结束那晚出生。
Your mother died giving birth to you.
你母亲因为生你难产而死。
I thought you were a monster.
当时我觉得你是怪胎。
I promised your mother I'd make sure you were safe.
我答应你妈要好好照顾你。
I should never have abandoned you.
我不应该抛弃你。