Look.
看
It’s beautiful.
真漂亮
It was my choice. Not to go. He would have supported it.
这是我的选择,不去 他会支持我的
But you don’t have to choose. -No, I have to.
但你没必要作出选择 -不,必须的
I want a home, a family. It’s not something I’ll sacrifice.
我要一个家,这是我无法牺牲掉的
No one’s asking you to sacrifice that, Joan.
没人让你牺牲家庭, 琼.
I just want you to understand that you can do both.
我只想让你明白,你完全可以兼顾
Think I’ll wake up one day and regret not being a lawyer?
你觉得我会某天早上醒来会后悔没当律师?
Yes, I’m afraid that you will.
是的,恐怕会的
Not as much as I’d regret not having a family. Not being there to raise them.
不会比放弃家庭,放弃抚养孩子更后悔
I know exactly what I’m doing, and it doesn’t make me any less smart.
我知道我在做什么,这不会让我变得愚笨
This must seem terrible to you. -I didn’t say that. I
这对你来说一定很可怕 -我没那么说,我--
Sure you did. You always do.
你说了,一直都这么说的
You stand in class and tell us to look beyond the image, but you don’t.
你在课堂上要我们看后面的幻灯 你自己却没有看
To you, a housewife is someone who sold her soul for a center hall colonial.
对你来说,做家庭主妇就是出卖了自己的灵魂
She has no depth, no intellect, no interests.
他们肤浅,愚蠢,没有趣味
You’re the one who said I could do anything I wanted.
是你说我可以做我想做的事情的
This is what I want.
这就是我想做的
Congratulations.
祝贺你