Our friend is either a caveman, a liar, or a nut.
那么我们的朋友要么真是个穴居人 要么他在说谎 要么是神经病
So while we’re thinking about that,
既然这么做无疑是白费力气
Why don’t we just go with it?
我们为什么不继续听下去呢?
I mean, hell, who knows,
天知道
He might jolt us into believing him,
最后可能是我们被他说服,相信他
Or we might jolt him back to reality.
或者他被我们说服回归现实
Believing? Whose reality?
信他?现实相对于谁来说?
So... you’re a caveman.
你 是个穴居人?
Yes. Uh...
是的 呃
Uh, I was a cro-Magnon, I think.
呃 我想我是个克鲁马努人
You don’t know if you’re a caveman or not?
你连自己是不是穴居人都不知道?
No, I’m sure about that.
不 这点我很确信
A cro-Magnon, then.
克鲁马努人
When did you first realize this?
你什么时候意识到的?
When the cro-Magnon was first identified,
当克鲁马努人首次被发现确认
When anthropology gave them a name,
从人类学界给他们命名起
I had mine.
我有了名字
Well, please continue.I’m sure you must have more to say.
请继续,我肯定你有很多话要说
Would you like me to lie on the couch?
你介意我坐下来吗?
As you wish.
请随意
As a physician, I’m curious.
作为一个心理研究者 我很好奇
In this enormous lifetime you describe,Have you ever been ill?
在你描述的无穷的生命里,你生过病吗?
Sure, as much as anyone.
当然 和普通人一样
Seriously ill?
重病呢?
Sometimes.
有时
Of what? Do you know?
得了什么病?你知道吗?
In prehistory, I can’t tell you.Maybe pneumonia once or twice.
在史前时期 我不知道,也许得过一两次的肺炎
Last few hundred years,
持续了几百年时间
I’ve gotten over typhoid, yellow fever,
我克服了伤寒,黄热病
Smallpox... I survived the black plague.
天花 我从黑死病中幸存下来
Bubonic?
黑死病?
Oh, that’s terrible.
哦 太可怕了
More so than history describes.
比历史书上写的更严重
And smallpox - But you’re not scarred.
还有天花 但你身上没有疤痕
I don’t scar.
我从不留疤