I thought someone must realise that Hagrid couldn't possibly be the heir of Slytherin.
我还以为肯定有人会意识到,海格不可能是斯莱特林的继承人呢。
It had taken me five whole years to find out everything I could about the Chamber of Secrets and discover the secret entrance...
我花了整整五年时间,才想方设法弄清了密室的情况,发现了那个秘密入口……
as though Hagrid had the brains, or the power!
难道海格有这样的头脑,有这样的能力吗?
'Only the Transfiguration teacher, Dumbledore, seemed to think Hagrid was innocent.
“似乎只有变形课老师邓布利多一个人认为海格是无辜的。
He persuaded Dippet to keep Hagrid and train him as gamekeeper.
他劝说迪佩特留下海格,把他培养成狩猎场看守。
Yes, I think Dumbledore might have guessed.
是的,我认为邓布利多大概有所察觉了。
Dumbledore never seemed to like me as much as the other teachers did... '
邓布利多似乎一直不像其他老师那样喜欢我……”
'I bet Dumbledore saw right through you,' said Harry, his teeth gritted.
“我敢说邓布利多早把你看透了。”哈利咬牙切齿地说。
'Well, he certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after Hagrid was expelled,' said Riddle carelessly.
“是啊,自从海格被开除后,他就一直密切地监视着我,非常讨厌。”里德尔漫不经心地说,
'I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school.
“我知道,我在学校的时候再打开密室就不保险了。
But I wasn't going to waste those long years I'd spent searching for it.
但是我不想把这么多年寻找密室的努力付诸东流。
I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages,
我决定留下一本日记,在那些纸页里保存那个十六岁的我,
so that one day, with luck, I would be able to lead another in my footsteps, and finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work.'
这样,有朝一日,凭借运气,我就可以引导另一个人沿着我的足迹,完成萨拉查斯莱特林高贵的事业。”
'Well, you haven't finished it,' said Harry triumphantly.
“可是,你并没有完成,”哈利得意地说,
'No one's died this time, not even the cat.
“这次一个人也没死,就连那只猫也没死。
In a few hours the Mandrake Draught will be ready and everyone who was Petrified will be all right again.'
几个小时之内,曼德拉草药水就配制好了,那些被石化的人就都可以活过来了。”