It looked bad, all right.
确实,情况很不妙。
But the longer Riddle stood there, the more life was dwindling out of Ginny...
但是,里德尔站在那里的时间越长,金妮身上的生命就越来越少……
and in the meantime, Harry noticed suddenly, Riddle's outline was becoming clearer, more solid.
与此同时,哈利突然发现,里德尔原本模糊不清的轮廓正在渐渐变得清晰、稳定。
If it had to be a fight between him and Riddle, better sooner than later.
如果他和里德尔之间必须有一番搏斗,那是越快越好。
'No one knows why you lost your powers when you attacked me,' said Harry abruptly.
“你对我下手的时候为什么突然丧失了力量,谁也不知道,”哈利生硬地说道,
'I don't know myself. But I know why you couldn't kill me.
“我自己也不清楚。但是我知道你为什么没能杀死我。
Because my mother died to save me.
因为我母亲是为了救我而死的。
My common Muggle-born mother,' he added, shaking with suppressed rage.
正是那普普通通的麻瓜出身的母亲,”他接着说道,因为拼命压抑着怒火而浑身发抖,
'She stopped you killing me.
“她阻止你杀死我。
And I've seen the real you, I saw you last year.
我看见过真实的你,去年我又看见了你。
You're a wreck. You're barely alive.
你只剩下了一堆破烂,只能算是半死不活。
That's where all your power got you.
看你原来神通广大,结果却落到这个下场。
You're in hiding. You're ugly, you're foul!'
你东躲西藏,你是丑八怪,令人作呕!”
Riddle's face contorted. Then he forced it into an awful smile.
里德尔的脸扭曲了,然后他又强挤出一个狰狞的笑容。
'So. Your mother died to save you.
“原来是这样——你母亲为了救你而死。
Yes, that's a powerful counter-charm.
是的,那是一个非常有效的解咒术。
I can see now – there is nothing special about you, after all.
我现在明白了——说到底,你身上并没有什么特殊的东西。
I wondered, you see. Because there are strange likenesses between us, Harry Potter.
你知道吗,我本来一直想不通这个道理。因为我们俩之间存在着一些奇特的相似之处,哈利·波特。
Even you must have noticed.
你自己肯定也注意到了。
Both half-bloods, orphans, raised by Muggles.
我们都是混血统,都是孤儿,都是由麻瓜抚养长大的。
Probably the only two Parselmouths to come to Hogwarts since the great Slytherin himself.
也许还是自伟大的斯莱特林本人之后,进入霍格沃茨的仅有的两个蛇佬腔。
We even look something alike...
我们甚至长得也有几分相像呢……
But after all, it was merely a lucky chance that saved you from me.
不过说到底,原来你只是凭运气从我手里逃脱的。
That's all I wanted to know.'
我想了解的就是这些。”