A patch of scarlet swam past and Harry heard a soft clatter of claws beside him.
一道鲜红色的光轻盈地从眼前掠过,哈利听见身边传来爪子的轻轻抓挠声。
'Fawkes,' said Harry thickly. 'You were brilliant, Fawkes... '
“福克斯,”哈利含混不清地说,“你太棒了,福克斯……”
He felt the bird lay its beautiful head on the spot where the serpent's fang had pierced him.
他感到大鸟把它美丽的脑袋贴在他被蛇怪毒牙刺中的地方。
He could hear echoing footsteps and then a dark shadow moved in front of him.
他听见了伴随着回音的脚步声,接着,一个黑压压的影子站到了他的面前。
'You're dead, Harry Potter,' said Riddle's voice above him. 'Dead. Even Dumbledore's bird knows it.
“你死了,哈利·波特,”里德尔的声音在他上面说,“死了。就连邓布利多的鸟也知道这一点。
Do you see what he's doing, Potter? He's crying.'
你看见它在做什么吗,波特?它在哭呢。”
Harry blinked. Fawkes's head slid in and out of focus.
哈利眨了眨眼睛。福克斯的脑袋忽而清晰忽而模糊,
Thick, pearly tears were trickling down the glossy feathers.
大滴大滴珍珠般的泪珠顺着它富有光泽的羽毛滚落下来。
'I'm going to sit here and watch you die, Harry Potter.
“我要坐在这里,亲眼看着你死,哈利·波特。
Take your time. I'm in no hurry.'
不要着急,我有的是时间。”
Harry felt drowsy.
哈利感到昏昏欲睡。
Everything around him seemed to be spinning.
周围的一切似乎都在旋转。
'So ends the famous Harry Potter,' said Riddle's distant voice.
“大名鼎鼎的哈利·波特就这样完蛋了,”里德尔的声音从很远的地方传来,
'Alone in the Chamber of Secrets, forsaken by his friends, defeated at last by the Dark Lord he so unwisely challenged.
“孤零零地在密室里,被朋友们抛弃。他不自量力地向黑魔头挑战,终于败在了黑魔头的手下。
You'll be back with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry...
哈利,你很快就要跟你亲爱的麻瓜母亲会面了……
She bought you twelve years of borrowed time... but Lord Voldemort got you in the end, as you knew he must.'
她以自己的生命为代价,让你又苟活了十二年……可是伏地魔终于把你干掉了,其实,你早就知道他一定会做到这一点的。”