'Harry Potter freed Dobby!' said the elf shrilly, gazing up at Harry, moonlight from the nearest window reflected in his orb-like eyes.
“哈利·波特解放了多比!”小精灵用刺耳的尖声说道,抬头望着哈利,月光从最近的一扇窗户洒进来,映照着他圆鼓鼓的眼睛,
'Harry Potter set Dobby free!'
“哈利·波特使多比获得了自由!”
'Least I could do, Dobby,' said Harry, grinning.
“我没做什么,多比,”哈利咧着嘴笑了,说道,
'Just promise never to try and save my life again.'
“你答应我,别再试图来保护我了。”
The elf's ugly brown face split suddenly into a wide, toothy smile.
小精灵丑陋的棕红色脸上突然绽开一个灿烂的微笑,露出满口牙齿。
'I've just got one question, Dobby,' said Harry, as Dobby pulled on Harry's sock with shaking hands.
“我只有一个问题,多比,”当多比用颤抖的手穿上哈利的袜子时,哈利说道,
'You told me all this had nothing to do with, He Who Must Not Be Named, remember? Well'
“你曾经告诉我,这一切都与那个连名字都不能提的人无关,记得吗?可是——”
'It was a clue, sir,' said Dobby, his eyes widening, as though this was obvious.
“这是一个暗示,先生,”多比的眼睛睁得更大了,就好像这是不言而喻的似的,
'Dobby was giving you a clue.
“多比在给你一个暗示。
The Dark Lord, before he changed his name, could be freely named, you see?'
黑魔头在他更名改姓之前,是可以提名字的,他的名字可以随便使用,明白了吗?”
'Right,' said Harry weakly. 'Well, I'd better go.
“明白了,”哈利勉强地说,“好吧,我得走了。
There's a feast, and my friend Hermione should be awake by now...'
他们在开宴会呢,我的朋友赫敏也该苏醒过来了……”
Dobby threw his arms around Harry's middle and hugged him.
多比伸出双臂,抱住哈利的腰,紧紧地搂了他一下。
'Harry Potter is greater by far than Dobby knew!' he sobbed. 'Farewell, Harry Potter!'
“哈利·波特比多比原先知道的还要伟大!”他啜泣着说道,“别了,哈利·波特!”
And with a final loud crack, Dobby disappeared.
多比嗓子眼里又发出一个很响的哽咽声,随后便消失了。